Coleman or lesnar prime

Coleman would have destroyed Lesner. Colman was not only an NCAA Champion, he was a World silver medalist as well as a multiple Pan American Champion. Furthermore, the guy was one tough son of a bitch, Lesner has always been gun shy, and does not take a punch well. Coleman would take Lesner out within two rounds.

Coleman.

Kerr had better submissions and a decent low kick but Coleman was so much mentally tougher than both Kerr and Brock. He could take more punishment and wouldn't just turtle up like they did on numerous occassions. Only way to beat Coleman was KO him or pull off an amazing sub, neither of which I believe Lesnar or Kerr could do to a prime Coleman. I am very confident they would eventually break in a battle with The Hammer.

Coleman.

Kerr had better submissions and a decent low kick but Coleman was so much mentally tougher than both Kerr and Brock. He could take more punishment and wouldn't just turtle up like they did on numerous occassions. Only way to beat Coleman was KO him or pull off an amazing sub, neither of which I believe Lesnar or Kerr could do to a prime Coleman. I am very confident they would eventually break in a battle with The Hammer.

he also roided harder than both of them combined.

Coleman.

This.

Mark Kerr is one of my favorite fighters, and he had versatility back when most fighters lacked something. With Kerr, he simply didn’t have the mental fortitude to push through while Coleman had the mental strength in spades - Even with a one dimensional game. Coleman went to the top with only takedowns and ground & pound. One of the toughest SOB around.

Even in their primes, Mark Kerr was winning because of talent and being injury free, but still, give him some problems and he’ll fold sooner than Coleman. Same goes for emotional Brock.

Although he might have been past his best at the time, doesn't the Couture fight shed a little light on this question? He was a similar size to Coleman, on paper had similar wrestling accolades (although I might be wrong here), and was the more well-rounded fighter.

Mid 08s was their primes

Coleman beat Kerr x3
Late 90s/early 2000s was their prime. Kerr's best performance was either Enson Inoue or Fabio Gurgel. Coleman's best was either his PRIDE tourney wins or the Don Frye rematch. One of the most miserable beatings ever that mustve been for Frye.

Not in wrestling

Hence this is grappling forum not contenders
Don't you think 91-92 was his wrestling best? World silver and close to medaling at the Olympics trumps an NCAA DI title.
For Kerr it was definitely 93-94 when he beat the Russian and the Iranian to win the World Cup and then placed 7th in the world.

Although he might have been past his best at the time, doesn't the Couture fight shed a little light on this question? He was a similar size to Coleman, on paper had similar wrestling accolades (although I might be wrong here), and was the more well-rounded fighter.
Well, I don't think we can glean much from Couture vs Coleman regarding how Coleman vs Lesnar would've gone. Ironically, right after Coleman was inducted in to the UFC Hall of Fame he was booked to fight Lesnar but the fight fell apart. At the point Couture vs Coleman happened Randy was just so much better technically and was in better physical condition with a more varied skill set. Somehow Randy kept getting better as his MMA career progressed. Couture, Coleman, and Lesnar were all NCAA DI multiple time All Americans with Coleman and Lesnar winning titles and randy reaching the finals twice. I believe only Lesnar was a HW at that point while Couture and Coleman wrestled 190. But wrestling-wise that's where the similarities end. Couture went back to the International Greco circuit after college, Coleman went to the international freestyle circuit. Both earned medals with Coleman earning the more prestigious hardware and making an Olympic team. Lesnar never wrestled in senior level freestyle.

You guys have to remember that Coleman was competing at anywhere from 80-95lbs less than Lesnar. Thats a huge fucking difference in wrestling, and also correlates to punching power.

Back