Colby Covington Is a Bigger Money Fight for Tyron Woodley Than Nate Diaz

What Should Be The Next Welterweight Title Fight?

• Total voters
Colby is the only fight that makes sense ranking and timing wise for Woodley but Conor and GSP are the money fights. Conor said next Nate fight at 155 so Tony makes sense for Nate. Conor can rematch Floyd in the meantime.

At this point i rather see woodley fight colby. 15mil is too much for nate if im the ufc just let him retire his not worth it. At least woodley will gain much credibility and fans knocking out colby a true contender and most hated fighter today. Thats how you become a star.

Woodley have it all wrong you dont beg other fighters for money fight, you become the money fight so otherd beg you.

Based on what?
colby-covington-getty-ftr-102517_v05aho6rj8g01egkptlaggbnl.jpg

Dat beautiful mug.

Two different questions you're asking there. The bigger fight in terms of money is obviously Nate. The more legit and earned fight of the two is Colby. Really though it should be the winner of RDA/Lawler getting the shot.

Thread title doesnt match the poll though

Colby should be removed from the roster. Dude should never get the opportunity.

Id rather to give conor, nick diaz or anyone else whos done nothing, than reward this piece of shit
I can't take this post seriously when you have Jones as your avatar.

Definetely not a bigger money fight than Nate, but 100% more logical.

lol...more people know who Nate Is than people here seem to realize.. The diaz bros are known

Neither are big money fights

Tyrone vs

Nate does 215k ish
Colvy does 110k ish

Tyron's interview on MMA Hour this week was uncomfortably self-unaware. He doesn't seem to realize what he has right now. In fact, he even went so far as to make himself the bad guy by talking about how much more money he makes than Colby and talking about trying to justify how he's not bullying the smaller fighter in Nate Diaz.

It was a ridiculous interview and it goes to show why people dislike Woodley so much. I only listened and didn't watch, but Ariel was really awkwardly forcing fake laughter at things Tyron said. Ariel literally told him as straight as he could what Woodley had before him, and Tyron couldn't clue in.

Colby was on the same show and had an awesome, fun interview.

Tyron is p4p #1 most unlikable champ.

"I'll fight Nate"

"I need shoulder surgery, so i can't fight Colby"

Woodley should play the long game and fight Colby. This is his chance to earn some affection from the fanbase.

He can't see that, of course, because his entire worldview is so petty and spiteful.

Only sherdog knows who Colby is. All the casuals that buy ppvs have no clue who Covington is.
Everyone will know his name once he flexes his promotional muscles. Can you imagine the public uproar if he calls everyone in Ferguson a "bunch of savages"? He could play up a cop gimmick and force Woodley to rep BLM. What a showdown that would be.

It should be Covington between the 2 options, but Diaz has more name value.

I'd like to see Woodley vs RDA if he beats Lawler.

If not that then vs Till.
I don't mind the Diaz fight. Colby fight doesn't interest me because what is Colby supposed to do here? Snuggle Woodley to a decision? Beat Wood with his robotic stand up??
At least Diaz would say actually entertaining things in the build up. And even the fights where he gets beaten up are often worth watching.

Not even people in sherdog care about Colby , he wouldn't even pull 400k views on fox if he was a main event

Tyron-Woodley-Colby-Covington.png

• Big talkers and grudge matches sell fights.

• Woodley-Diaz is NOT a grudge match.

• Nobody knew who Chael Sonnen was before the first Anderson Silva fight, and then Sonnen turned it on and made both himself and A. Silva into superstars.

• Covington completely gets the game, and has been delivering AAA quality promos over the last few weeks.

• Nate Diaz isn't that great of a talker as everyone thinks, and McGregor actually did for him what Sonnen did for A. Silva (made him into a star; Diaz was a midcarder prior to the McGregor fights).

• The casual audience will have some interest, but the hardcore audience is going to bury a Woodley-Diaz fight so hard that it will impact the buyrate.

• Covington is the next major superstar if he can beat Woodley.

• Look around on Sherdog; Covington is all the rage (reminiscent of McGregor prior to UFC 189 and Sonnen before the first A. Silva fight).

Do yourself a favour and click play on this (timestamped) video:

Just because someone has a mouth doesn't make it a money fight. Colby has 25k instagram followers. That's like 1.9 million less than Nate.

Colby may make controversial twitter posts, but he's simply not good on the mic in person. Chael and Conor got away with it because they are good on the mic and have likable personalities. Colby just doesn't have anywhere near the same likability factor. Colby comes off as trying too hard to be controversial.

Calling Colby a money fight at this point in time is down right hilarious. His videos are generating some spur of the moment viral type reaction getting good views on youtube, but they aren't translating to followers.

Proof that sherdoggers live in a bubble.

Back