Colby Covington: I hold all the cards vs. Tyron Woodley

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...interview-colby-covington-tyron-woodley-fight
“I just fought fucking a month ago, I’m not gonna be fighting September, October” he continued. “I’ll be fighting in November. So, that’s what I’m looking at right now. I hold the cards. Tyron had his chance. We could have fought three or four times. They offered him three or four different cards in the past, and he cried, ‘Oh no! Ugh! I want a money fight! I want [Conor] McGregor. I’ll fight [Nate] Diaz.’ But then they offer him me and [he says] ‘Oh, I gotta get a shoulder surgery.’ So he’s came and gone. He’s on TMZ gossiping about the Kardashians. He’s in Hollywood with the liberal scum. He’s trying to do these B-list movie roles that go straight to DVD.”

“I’m pushing for Madison Square Garden,” Covington said. “So, make sure you tell Woodley, Madison Square Garden. I would tell him on social media, but he lives in his little safe space. He blocked me on all the social medias, on Instagram and Twitter, so I can’t get at him and tell him Madison Square Garden. He’s acting hard out there saying, ‘Oh, I’m gonna do this to Colby. I’m gonna do that.’ But that’s all talk, man. Why you blocking me?”

Biggest fight of 2018 should definitely go down at MSG.

I had no idea khabib vs someone not named conor was the biggest fight in 2018

9b1f9dc3-fe3e-4224-9e83-537e29a8865f-screen-shot-2017-10-24-at-111650-am.png
73 reviews how sad

This dude is like a broken record, loves to repeat himself.

I haven't seen that. Most Sherdoggers are grudgingly supporting Woodley out of annoyance with Colby.

Woodley's claim to fame is KO'ing Lawler and justifiably so. Bisping KO'ing Rockhold is justifiably his claim to fame also. Both were great accomplishments. Both brilliant performances.

Woodley was the underdog in that fight and most assumed Lawler was too experienced and savvy. Also, with MMA arithmetic Lawler had twice bested McDonald while McDonald had shamed Woodley.

I loved Bisping's KO of Rockhold. 13 days notice against a bigger, better, younger, stronger, faster and more athletic opponent who had beat him easily the year prior? Bisping's KO was the second biggest upset in UFC history after Serra-GSP.

Actually I'd put it third after JJ vs Rose 1.

Holds all the cards except the real belt

Him vs. Woodley is a bigger fight at WW than any other viable alternatives. Check out Google trends for yourself:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=/m/012zdt2y,/m/03qjqc6,/m/0j24pq1,/m/094gkg,/m/0swnlm2

Colby's peak is higher than any one of Tyron's last 4 opponents, combine that with the drama and beef between the 2 and you'll have the biggest WW title fight in a long time.

Total speculation. Colby’s last fight did shit numbers despite being on a stacked card. Thus far he isn’t a draw. His weird fanboys just keep pretending he is.

Woodley v Colby does garbage numbers. It probably co-mains a big card.

I just checked this clowns Instagram and he still can’t crack 100k followers. He’s fighting in Sept. Woodley has been out over a year and needs to fight. Plus that card needs a main event. NY is only for major draws and cringeington isn’t one

Total speculation. Colby’s last fight did shit numbers despite being on a stacked card. Thus far he isn’t a draw. His weird fanboys just keep pretending he is.

Woodley v Colby does garbage numbers. It probably co-mains a big card.

Everybody not named Conor, GSP and Brock do shit numbers. International fight week card just did less than 400k buys. Nobody is a real draw.

He's a bigger draw than any of Woodley's last 4 opponents and that's good enough. Woodley vs. anyone not named Conor or GSP would do garbage numbers, but him vs. Colby does the least garbage numbers. Google trends do not lie, nor does it give a crap about fanboys or haters.

I think forhis own health, he should do one of two things, dump Charles, or go pro wrestle

Some of you guys are idiots.

Becoming a big name takes time.

Half of you haters can’t seem to stop posting about him. So he’s alresdy winning

Colby’s already made WW talked about again

Everybody not named Conor, GSP and Brock do shit numbers. International fight week card just did less than 400k buys. Nobody is a real draw.

He's a bigger draw than any of Woodley's last 4 opponents and that's good enough. Woodley vs. anyone not named Conor or GSP would do garbage numbers, but him vs. Colby does the least garbage numbers. Google trends do not lie, nor does it give a crap about fanboys or haters.

A lack of star power in the UFC does not make Covington a draw. I don’t really believe Covington to be a bigger name than Wonderboy, or Lawler, or really any other WW contender. Again, I’m not interested in google trends. Fairly certain there is absolutely no science to backup your claim of google trends not lying.

If you use social media as a metric, Colby is actually one of the least popular matchups available for Woodley. look at twitter followers compared to other welterweights:

Colby: 45k
Wonderboy: 117k
Lawler: 243k
Maia: 518k
Till: 73k

He’s not a draw, he’s not a star. He’s an F level trash talker with a stutter. And no one cares about him.

I was hoping this fight would be sooner, but everyone wants on that msg card.

I guess he doesn’t want the real belt. Oh wait Colby thinks the interim belt is the real belt.

Ufc 230 New York City MSG
Daniel Cormier vs Shogun Rua
Tyron Woodley vs Colby Covington
Paulo Costa vs Chris Weidman

Add some other stuff and we got a banger

Back