Colby Covington explains why he thinks Woodley and dos Anjos are ducking him

Stupid to say he should fight Usman, he just beat the last guy to fight for the title. Needs to be fighting Till, Lawler, Wonderboy or RDA, the guy’s schtick is getting old but he needs a step up from beating Maia not dropping down to fight a nobody.

Only on sherdog do I have to explain what those pics actually mean.
They mean:
Maia is a bjj wizard and probably the worst striker in all ww division. So the fact that Maia (while he had gas) won the striking battle against Colby, means Colby now holds the title as the worst striker in the ww division.

That´s pretty fucking WEAK for somebody trying to hype himself as the next ww goat, you know.
i hear ya, even though maia is a ground wizard, he still has really decent stand up.
Colby's striking in that fight looked under par for sure (as opposed to earlier fights) but imo, that was attributed to Colby only training ground fighting and TDD in the camp leading up to maia.

Colby is ducking Darren Till

Definitely know he's ducking this guy Hard

giphy.gif

How is it ducking someone ranked way below you?
What do you have to gain by fighting someone ranked lower than you if you are trying to move up yourself.
Unless you are the champ, or have a chance for a big money fight, it is foolish to fight a lower ranked opponent. You should be focused on moving up in the ranks or padding your bank account.

Low ranked guys want to leap-frog to the top, and if people aren't interested in allowing them to try this, they are "ducking".

This is nonsense.

When Bisping fought Dan the second time, you can say he ducked more legit contenders. He claimed a personal vendetta, and he had the pull to fight Dan, so more power to him.

When he fought GSP, I say fair play. He made a pile of dollars off that one.

Back