Colby Covington Calls Tyron Woodley a mentally weak diva, talks about their past sparring sessions.

I am sure it is true.

But he doesn't need to repeat it 3 times. That interview could have been much shorter.

Regardless of who said it this is all stuff I already believed so I'm not surprised. You can talk about him koing people but he also tends to stands with his back against the cage and throw very little output.

He is trying to be the new Chael Sonnen. I don't blame him, with his style it's the only way he'll ever get noticed.

And hey, he even has Chael's sub defense!

ufc.jpg

This Colby guy is making me starting to like Woodley.

006_Tyron_Woodley.0.0.jpg

I had to look up Colby's record because I've heard his name but I don't know who he is. He's only lost once but don't think he's never beat a top 10

Like it or hat it some of what Colby says is true. Woodley fights very passive and misses lots of opportunities to finish. That's why his fights with Wonderbread were so boring and why Rory was able to school him the way he did.

Lol@colby going 100% on Tyron when he is just doing light technique drills.

"he's not a real fighter"? I would love to see if Covington would ko robbie lawler like Woodley did, hell I don't even like Woodley, but Colby is quickly becoming a major douche.

This whole (fake drama and acting like a douche persona) that so many fighters are trying just comes off as cringe and makes them look desperate for attention.
This comment

giphy.gif

wow woodley is such a bitch and a diva he doesnt go all out in sparring so he wont have brain damage, how dare he train smart?????

Should be no problem then for Colby to make champ by 2018 then. ...???

<{JustBleed}>

Tyron Woodley was known for gassing in wrestling matches and he was Johny Hendricks bitch. Johny used to keep it close every time and then get a takedown at the end to win. Woodley would always bitch about it too lol

1- I lose respect for fighters who talk shit about what happened in practice.

2- Colby is trying to cut the line but doesn't grasp the fact that nobody cares and that he isn't anywhere near being a title contender yet.

3- Woodley would probably knock him the fuck out if throwing actual full strength punches.

Lol this coby dude sound like a snake. I bet he was all buddy buddy with Woodley and now that he's succeeding he's mad at em lol. Maybe he doesnt go hard in sparring cuz its SPARRING.

For the record much more accomplished fighters like Lawler said the sane shit about him not being a fighter and we saw how that turned out. WB arguably the most decorated striker in the UFC and he was deathly afraid to strike with Woodley, every time he did he almost got ktfod lol

I swear people dont ever wanna see their peers shining.

“He’s not my teammate. What are you taking about? He trains at Duke Roufus,” Covington told Submission radio. “He left American Top Team three, four years ago and he’s been training most of his time at Duke Roufus, so I don’t consider that guy a teammate.

“We don’t train together anymore. We used to back in the day,” he said. “Yeah, he’ll come to American Top Team and show face cause he’s trying to keep it cool here. He knows there’s a lot of young up-and-coming studs like me and Jorge (Masvidal) who he does not want to be in that octagon with. So I don’t consider that my teammate. He’s an enemy now. Public enemy number one.”

Covington also questioned Woodley’s heart, and criticized him for not being a “true fighter.”

“He’s just mentally weak, man,” he said. “In the wrestling world he’s mentally weak, he’s a breaker. That’s what we call it. He breaks. Mentally, he’s not there, man. He’s an explosive, athletic athlete, but he’s not a fighter, a true fighter. He’s not a warrior. And it showed in wrestling, you know, it showed in college, it shows in the training room.

“He doesn’t like to go hard, he doesn’t like to grind with the guys cause he can’t do that anymore. He’s older, his body’s breaking down and he doesn’t have a cardio gas tank. That’s why you don’t see him wrestle really in fights anymore.”

He even went further, sharing his version of what happened during their private training sessions, and calling him a “diva.”

“I just remember (our sparring sessions) being easy. I was like, dude, this guy is so pathetic,” he said. “He doesn’t like it tough. He doesn’t like things hard. He doesn’t like relentless pressure on him. When he feels pressure, he breaks. Just sparring with him, you know, all I had to do is throw a combination and then just fucking get on the inside with him, push him against the cage and literally he’d be broken within five to seven minutes.

“The guy, he just doesn’t like it tough, man – ‘I’m a diva, I’m the UFC champ, I’m doing movies, I’m a pretty boy like this and that.’ He’s not a real fighter, man. I’m telling you, he’s gonna get exposed soon, I promise you that.

“You know, it wasn’t competitive,” he continued. “Like, when we were on the ground grappling, his submission defence is real bad, I’d catch him in submissions. When we wrestled, I took him down pretty easy. He couldn’t take me down. When we sparred, I just put the pressure on him and got on the inside and he hated that. He just hated it when he just had to make those big muscles have to work. Because you need oxygen to get those muscles to work and when you get those muscles tired, he falls over and breaks. So it wasn’t very competitive.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/7/...-of-sparring-sessions-with-diva-ufc-champ-mma

Demein Maia is about to prove it Colvington telling truth or full of shit.

My god, after reading this interview I really want to see Covington get knocked out. He seems like such an entitled d*****bag. I'm not a fan of Woodley by any means, but this guy Covington might just be the most desperate and cringeworthy fighter in the UFC...

It's not like you'll gain fans from talking smack about sparring sessions and nuthugging Masvidal, because you know you can't hang with him - so quit being a hater and go ten seconds without dry-humping your opponent before talking smack about a champion!

Back