Coincidence? Memo released by Republicans same day Trump says no to Russian sanctions

I think sanctions will accomplish showing unanimity in the US government and sovereignty of the US country: that Russia's attempts to divide the country and government did not work to the extent that they would prevent punishment of them along partisan lines. To not sanction Russia would be to send the message that we are so senselessly partisan (or, rather, that Republicans are) that you can interfere with our elections and the side that you help, should they get in power, will aid you in undermining our democracy.

As far as the United States' history of election meddling: it's indefensible and needs to be wholly condemned as well, but two wrongs don't make a right, especially when this wrong (Russian meddling) aided the American party (GOP) that is most responsible and most obsessed with interfering with international politics.

I personally don't have a problem with Putin all that much, and I certainly don't think his actions were disproportionate to ours, but it's obvious that a united front is needed on this issue to prevent the appearance of a polity in decay.
Just so you know I understand why you would sanction them even though there hacking was amateur kids stuff compared to what the USA has done and is capable of. I mean fucking troll bots and spamming anti Hillary messages on Facebook, really? Like I said you guys do not think they took control of your electronic voting machines. If anything you are more likely to get an election rigged from within! Did not Trump win because he won more state popular votes and that means he got more special people to vote for him since you guys do not elect by pure democracy?

I just think you should not try and destroy Russia and how far you go with sanctions can make that difference. It is like the extra hard sanctions that are put on NK which are to cripple them or what the US is and will do to Iran it seems. Russia is not an Iran or North korea so wage huge economic war type sanction on them over the actions of some hacking (which all governments do) is just ridiuclous.

@Fawlty i surprised did not like your post. Maybe Fawlty likes American interenvetion abroad?

I don't trust our intelligence agencies without proof

You do after being duped again and again.

you draw the line at trusting intelligence agenices but not at this guy:

170520072813-03-trump-saudi-arabia-0520-full-169.jpg

hilarious.

Someone should ask the CIA director what other countries will attempt to interfere in U.S. elections in 2018 and 2020.

hilarious.

Is this supposed to be anything but a pathetic attempt to cast trump bending down to get a necklace put on him, in the same light as Obama’s literal bow?

The straws you’re reaching for are over there...

Just so you know I understand why you would sanction them even though there hacking was amateur kids stuff compared to what the USA has done and is capable of. I mean fucking troll bots and spamming anti Hillary messages on Facebook, really? Like I said you guys do not think they took control of your electronic voting machines. If anything you are more likely to get an election rigged from within! Did not Trump win because he won more state popular votes and that means he got more special people to vote for him since you guys do not elect by pure democracy?

I just think you should not try and destroy Russia and how far you go with sanctions can make that difference. It is like the extra hard sanctions that are put on NK which are to cripple them or what the US is and will do to Iran it seems. Russia is not an Iran or North korea so wage huge economic war type sanction on them over the actions of some hacking (which all governments do) is just ridiuclous.

@Fawlty i surprised did not like your post. Maybe Fawlty likes American interenvetion abroad?
I hadn't read his post until now. We disagree about Putin (he's a real bad guy), but I thought it was a solid opinion, because Putin's secondary goal (after getting his money washed) is to further fracture US politics. So we do need a show of solidarity against Russian espionage and propaganda, which is why our lawmakers voted almost unanimously to sanction Russia. We should also condemn & fight efforts by the administration to betray Congress and the US like this.

Not sure how you think my not liking a post translates into me liking US intervention...? That's putting way too much focus on the "likes" feature imo.

I hadn't read his post until now. We disagree about Putin (he's a real bad guy), but I thought it was a solid opinion, because Putin's secondary goal (after getting his money washed) is to further fracture US politics. So we do need a show of solidarity against Russian espionage and propaganda, which is why our lawmakers voted almost unanimously to sanction Russia. We should also condemn & fight efforts by the administration to betray Congress and the US like this.

Not sure how you think my not liking a post translates into me liking US intervention...? That's putting way too much focus on the "likes" feature imo.

how hard do you think sanctions should be? consider that your country does far worse and evil to the world and still is and has. Should the masses of Russian people be hit with extreme economic sanctions? how long should sanctions stay on?

What's the punishment for blatantly ignoring congress? Seems pretty fucked up to me, but the circus that is the government seems to keep rolling on,
Long story short, it would normally it would be grounds for impeachment. Whether the judicial branch or congress actually do anything about it is a different story.

how hard do you think sanctions should be? consider that your country does far worse and evil to the world and still is and has. Should the masses of Russian people be hit with extreme economic sanctions? how long should sanctions stay on?
I reject the "consider that your country..." part, because you can't base your national security policies on guilt. That's a separate argument, but it's a critical thinking mistake that a lot of anti-US-intervention people are making in these discussions.

I'm nowhere near well-informed enough to recommend length and extent of sanctions. That's statecraft, fine-tuning.

Is this supposed to be anything but a pathetic attempt to cast trump bending down to get a necklace put on him, in the same light as Obama’s literal bow?

You’re without question either a Slavic spam bot or a poor angry republican

You’re without question either a Slavic spam bot or a poor angry republican

Actually, I was a lifelong ny democrat.

Unfortunately, the democrat party of the 90’s is dead. It’s been replaced by a party that jerks off criminals and terrorists. Oh, and people like you.

I'm nowhere near well-informed enough to recommend length and extent of sanctions. That's statecraft, fine-tuning.

Yet here you are complaining that they're not severe enough.

hilarious.

He doesn't have the power out intelligence agencies do

Hilarious

Are you taking hallucinogenic drugs on a Tuesday morning?

The Russian sanctions authorized by congress are not being reduced. You're in here inferring that they are when they are simply saying that the current situation doesn't justify increasing them at this time.

Last edited:
Actually, I was a lifelong ny democrat.

Unfortunately, the democrat party of the 90’s is dead. It’s been replaced by a party that jerks off criminals and terrorists. Oh, and people like you.
Sure thing Vlad

A N.Y. democrat turned Don the Con cheerleader

We were born yesterday

yeah, obama bent down out of respect (or at least he thought so)
trump bent down cause of golden jewelry (sell out after talking all that shit about saudi royalty - he bent the knee at first sight of gold/money)

trump supporters are experts (or so they think) at 2 things:

1) deflection - any valid arguments are dismissed with "BUT LIBERALS" whining (even when they are not arguing with liberals - apparently trump supporters have a hard on when it comes to liberals)

2) reaching for straws

swamp draining, less government regulation/spending, better infrastructure/healthcare, less US military interventions around the world, better social care for vets, smaller government, less violence/racism, etc - none of that is happening so you have to purposefully ignore those things and focus on bullshit agendas like immigration and tax breaks for the biggest corporations in the world > 2 things out of which US citizens get jack shit but misery and even more social divide

now continue your bullshit deflections and labeling people liberals

china, russia and india are having a field day and since they are consolidated as fuck will know how to take advantage of weakened US

Back