Crime Cohen pleads guilty, says he lied

Well, there's always another possibility; my HS English teacher was British taught, so with the whole neighbour vs. neighbor stuff, it could well be this is another difference between British English and American English. And Dutch and British English have influenced each other way more and way longer, obviously, than American English and Dutch. Though I love coming across Dutch words in the American lingo and place names. NY burroughs being the most obvious; Brooklyn was named after Breukelen, and Harlem of course after Haarlem. Yankee is from Dutch as well, from the name Jan-Kees.

And that's an expression I can get behind! LOL

Right, that's enough derailing. ;)

And the original name for New York City was New Amsterdam.

There's an old American expression that is commonly said as "Feets don't fail me now", when someone is trying to get away fast. I've wondered if the original was "Fiets don't fail me now".

So the pro Russia angle is that he gave them a little extra time without sanctions before coming down on them? What do you think the significance of your question was?
He was forced to implement sanctions and whined about it the whole way.

So the pro Russia angle is that he gave them a little extra time without sanctions before coming down on them? What do you think the significance of your question was?

You used trump being forced to sign sanctions as a feather in his cap thats hes tough on those mean old ruskies.

Then you were oblivious of how long he tried to avoid signing them.

What took Trump so long to even acknowledge them sitting on his desk?

He was forced to implement sanctions and whined about it the whole way.

You used trump being forced to sign sanctions as a feather in his cap thats hes tough on those mean old ruskies.

Then you were oblivious of how long he tried to avoid signing them.

What took Trump so long to even acknowledge them sitting on his desk?

lmao at both of you clowns using the word forced. Trump imposed sanctions on Russia, yet somehow I'm supposed to believe there is Quid pro quo there somewhere? Oh my, that's rich

12 Jurors unanimously disagreed.
Also, the intent is always difficult to prove. It's probably the single biggest challenge in good deal of criminal cases, because intent is so key to make crimes prosecutable and the degree of punishment to which they will carry.
Intent is key and, as you say, very hard to prove. You are trying to speak to someone mind and unless they have said it out loud in front of more than one witness, proving intent is near impossible. Even with a single witness, you say they lied and it is a simple he said, she said, ...hard for jury to say 'no doubt' and convict.

That is why Edwards walked after being charged.

Trump's situation does not compare. You have Cohen corroborated by Enquirer guy both saying not only did Trump know, but he was IN on the discussions and IN on the meetings were they strategizing on the role that the Enquirer could take to 'catch and kill' allegations as they surfaced. Trump and Cohen were being very deliberate and strategic and using foresight KNOWING many allegations could come ford and likely the Enquirer would be one of the first media outlets aware of them.

Cohen's credibility issues will always be a challenge but if independently corroborated by Enquirer dude in SEPARATE interviews but with the same information Trump is sunk on that charge. A serious one that they went after Edwards with despite not having any corroboration. They knew they would likely lose but took the crime so seriously they charged him anyway.

If I recollect correctly the sanctions were passed with a veto proof majority and trump whinged that they hampered his ability to negotiate. To characterize Trump as pro Russia sanctions is patently false.

If I recollect correctly the sanctions were passed with a veto proof majority and trump whinged that they hampered his ability to negotiate. To characterize Trump as pro Russia sanctions is patently false.

He was probably correct in that it hurt his negotiating power. What you said disproves nothing of what I said

lmao at both of you clowns using the word forced. Trump imposed sanctions on Russia, yet somehow I'm supposed to believe there is Quid pro quo there somewhere? Oh my, that's rich

Congress imposed sanctions you fucking goof.

It's so absurd, there's no way he actually believes it.
Some of these bots are self-aware caricatures.

I mean, ffs. Why would Trump be involved in building a TT Moscow, plan to set up Putin in the penthouse, and lie endlessly about it as the truth gradually trickles out?

How can anyone draw any other conclusion but that Trump is crooked?

You are correct.

He was probably correct in that it hurt his negotiating power. What you said disproves nothing of what I said
You are wrong.

Back