Cody was winning before the stoppage

Fruitsaladsushi

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He was landing the faster, crisper shots and with more power than Dillashaw..

I think he would have gone on to win the round.

So same as the first time?

He was landing the faster, crisper shots and with more power than Dillashaw..

I think he would have gone on to win the round.

If one of the judges was Cecil Peoples, I'm sure he gave the whole fight to Cody

Lol scoring it a little premature. Cody and TJ both wobbled each other in that first Wild exchange. I feel bad for Cody too but inevitably the result was going to be the same.

mrzO85k.jpg

Yeah he really dominated the previous 20 seconds before the ref stopped it

I doubt it matters at this point. In the first fight he couldn't keep it together for two rounds; this time he couldn't keep it together for one full round. It seems likely that he just can't put together a coherent game plan and fight smart against Killashaw; his adolescent grudges bring out his inner Neanderthal and he falls apart. At this point he's also shown it's possible he was from the beginning a UFC gatekeeper at best who happened to have had one night where he rose to occasion and functioned effectively at the best possible time.

He's clearly going to need to work his way up from a way lower rung from here on in. He needs a BW or maybe a FLyW outside the top 5 with no KO power. Sending him to Lineker or Moraes would be likely to send him ona downward spiral he won't be able to get out of. And he needs to seriously reconsider his training camps. The Alpha Males and their uncoordinated, frat brotherhood style and training may have worked at one point, though never enough to keep them from coming up short in title fights, but it clearly doesn't anymore. At this point it's clear Killashaw's fight iq was high enough that he saw a long time ago that there was a ceiling he was never gonna break training with that group.

who gives a fuck who was winning before the stoppage these threads are pure shiit

I don't think he rocked TJ, he was off balance.
Either way, Cody fights so silly against TJ.
He tries to sit on his punches when he thinks he has him hurt, he needs to go back to the way he fought Cruz.

Yeah he was really out there winning before TJ beat the shit outta him

If they fought 10 times cody would be winning the fight 10 times before getting knocked out. He's that good.

TJ was never rocked lol.

Cody got completely dismantled. He traded punch for punch and got beaten to the punch over and over because TJ is faster and has better placement and timing.

Had he not been knocked out he may have won the round.

Seems kind of pointless.

Tj has doing a bit better then cody from the start.

It was kinda even but with tj having a small lead.

TJ knocked him down before the stoppage.How was he winning you braindead?

Back