Cody is the only threat to Cruz at the moment

The greatest threat to Cruz is Cruz. With his injury record, I'll be shocked if he doesn't endure another bad one. I hope not, but I think it's likely

Garbrandt hype is getting out of hand. His best win is Almeida who's only a prospect and stylistically tailor made for Cody to beat.

TJ is a great fighter. But imo Cruz outsmarted him. It was a great fight but Dom beat him in most of exchanges.

Also even though TJ is very hard hitter he doesn't have this "death touch" that Cody has and which i believe will be his winning advantage. You can't win against Cruz in 5 rounds, the only way to beat him is to tag him HARD and Dilla is more like a swarmer than one-punch machine.
It was a very close fight. You're really writing off tj in favour of someone much less tested.

I think the fact that he just BARELY beat TJ shows TJ is still a big threat.

It was a very close fight. You're really writing off tj in favour of someone much less tested.

I'm not writing him off. In MMA anyone can beat anyone in top 10 on a lucky night. And TJ is a beast.

All i'm saying is that in 1-2 years Cody with more polished game (considering he will win and improve during this time) will have the best chances to beat Cruz stylistically.

Nope TJ is also a threat, probably more so.

Maybe you are right. I should definitely rewatch Dodson fight.

All i was saying that Cody has all the skills to become champion in future. In 1-2 years he will improve and probably get his title shot if he keeps winning.
He could be, but it's way too early at this stage. Cody is very aggressive both as the lead and as a counter puncher, and a guy who constantly throws (numerous)feints, cuts angles and switch stances is going to make it hard for him to commit to his punches the way he does now.

And how can you guys dislike his tattoos? he is very attractive and the tattoos make him more sexy.

playgirl.jpg

i like the old fashioned vagina, sorry for being so demodé.

I can't see Cody beating Cruz at all, he will just be swinging at air and is still too raw. Cruz would dominate 50-45

I'm not writing him off. In MMA anyone can beat anyone in top 10 on a lucky night. And TJ is a beast.

All i'm saying is that in 1-2 years Cody with more polished game (considering he will win and improve during this time) will have the best chances to beat Cruz stylistically.
nah, you're writing him off. It's made clear by your thread title. And tj doesn't need to have a "lucky night" to beat cruz. It was a very close fight and the odds would likely be very close in a rematch. TJ would whoop cody's ass too.

Dom'z fight IQ iz too good & he'z too fast.

I'd like to see it in the future... but Cody got a long way to go.

If Cody gets a few more good fights under his belt & showz some speed... I'd like to see him roll over to another team if for nothing more than a different strategy. Dom'z got the TAM squad'z number... can't see it going much different out of that camp.

How is Cody the only threat to Cruz? I get the feeling he's only in MMA because he couldn't make it in boxing, it's the only thing he's good at and in this day and age of MMA just having boxing & TDD isn't good enough to beat somebody like Cruz.
TJ, Dodson, Mayday, Cruz & maybe even assuncao & Lineker all beat Cruz.

Drinking that Cody Kool aid I see. Cruz outworks him to a dominating decision, maybe even frustrates him enough for him to make a mistake and Cruz to get a late finish.

lol cody beats or comes close to beating cruz haha team alpha fail strikes again...he's basically a faber clone has one punch

Back