Cody is the only threat to Cruz at the moment

Walker Smith Jr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think Garbrandt is the only BW fighter that can be a threat to Cruz right now. He is young, explosive and deadly with Hendo-like hands. I think he is the hardest hitter at BW for sure. And where he lacks in skill and experience he makes up with his quickness.

Don't get me wrong imo Cruz is p4p #1 and the most skilled/brilliant fighter in UFC. But in his last 2 fights he gets tagged in later rounds. Injuries and age has also taken it's toll on Cruz. Even pillow-fisted Faber touched him hard a couple of times. When NoLove touches you it's a good night.

If Cody will stay on the same level or even improve in the next couple of years - i believe he can take this title from Dom. I will root for Cruz but bet on Garbrandt if they will fight.

Will bump this when he gets his title shot.

Shit!! I thought you meant Mckenzie. If you did, I wholeheartedly agree.

sddefault.jpg

Cruz will beat him the first time they fight, but will lose the second time around.

Last edited:
Give Warbrandt a year or two.

Cruz would pick him a part today.

No. Not Garbrandt. Somebody needs to KO that clown, and right quick. If Garbrandt becomes champ,I'll die.

Can't ko what you can't touch
Cruz: can't touch me baby

Can't ko what you can't touch
Cruz: can't touch me baby
Machida dreams about being as elusive as Cruz.

But in his last fight predictable tank Faber managed to tag him several times

The greatest threat to Cruz is someone he already beat.

TJ is not a threat? Really? He damn near won the 1st fight.

TJ is a great fighter. But imo Cruz outsmarted him. It was a great fight but Dom beat him in most of exchanges.

Also even though TJ is very hard hitter he doesn't have this "death touch" that Cody has and which i believe will be his winning advantage. You can't win against Cruz in 5 rounds, the only way to beat him is to tag him HARD and Dilla is more like a swarmer than one-punch machine.

Cody is good but Dom and Tj leave him for dead. Only person that can beat Cruz is Tj and even then Cruz is rightfully favourite

Knocking out Almedia "triggered" me. Garbrandts terrible tats just add to my disdain.
But he's a nice talented guy, let go.
I also used to dislike him BTW.

TJ won.

Cruz's desk job had him winning the decision even if he lost 5 rounds instead of 3.

Knocking out Almedia "triggered" me. Garbrandts terrible tats just add to my disdain.
weird. i was rooting for almeida but when cody finished him it make me like garbant alot more.

TJ won.

Cruz's desk job had him winning the decision even if he lost 5 rounds instead of 3.

that fight depends how you score round 1.

Back