Cody Garbrandt to Dominick Cruz: I respect you, but I whooped you, I clowned you

I really don't care for either fighter but I wonder why Cody was so against giving TJ a title shot.

It makes me think that TJ used to kick his ass when they trained together.
I didn't watch the video in the OP.... I don't think any champion should be allowed any choice in who they fight. They should be forced to fight the #1 contender and the rankings should fucking mean something.

I didn't watch the video in the OP.... I don't think any champion should be allowed any choice in who they fight. They should be forced to fight the #1 contender and the rankings should fucking mean something.
It is a shame that I can only like that statement once.

I don't know if a close decision (IMO) is "whooped" / "clowned". He won but it was far from some type of slaughter.

And he is absolutely right. That was a masterful performance.

Agreed. But the ufc opened that door with Mcgregor

Cody is the size of my son who is in 6th grade.. at least cruz is average height in the usa.

I don't know if a close decision (IMO) is "whooped" / "clowned". He won but it was far from some type of slaughter.
It wasn't really even close IMO, fightmetric skews so many people's perceptions.. More than Joe Rogan does

It wasn't really even close IMO, fightmetric skews so many people's perceptions.. More than Joe Rogan does

I didn't look at the fightmetric. Whatever happened to the old adage "to beat the champ, you've got to BEAT the champ" .... he won a decision. It was 1/1 going into the 3rd, and there was no ko, tko, submission, and maybe one 10/8 rd. Big deal. When you whoop someone's ass it's completely one sided beat down.

Yair annihilating BJ = whooping
Cody dec > Cruz = not that.

Cody looked great but needs to watch his ego. Also, he needs lessons in trash talking from Cruz cause he sucked. Cruz, arguably p4p #1 in trash talk. Cody is barely top 20, just edging out Aldo.

You should watch more fights before you talk out of school

Decision was not close but it was no 50-45 beatdown like Cain vs JDS 2 either, the clowning comes from all the showboating he did imo, not exactly a complete "slaughter" from Cody, cause it really wasnt.

Decision was not close but it was no 50-45 beatdown like Cain vs JDS 2 either, the clowning comes from all the showboating he did imo, not exactly a complete "slaughter" from Cody, cause it really wasnt.

I never said it was 50-45

If I was Cody I'd trash Cruz way harder and show him no respect at all after the shit that he said.

Cody's a good dude.

Back