Cody Garbrandt reveals how Christ saved him after he attempted suicide

The point is, for Cody, he overcame his hardships through his religion. He found a way to keep fighting (figuratively and literally), regardless of his depression. This story can help save many young lives. I think Cody is doing a wonderful thing. Underneath his tattooed, pseudo-macho, chest thumping nonsense, there is actually a good hearted person who cares. Good for him.

hmm

if he found the Most High through his ordeals, thats wassup. good

christ however enslaved my ancestors, so i aint got nothing good to say about him or rome.

I think you're missing the point lol

Nothing I read indicated that’s he’s a better person. He’s still an idiot. He’s still unstable. He’s still a douche. Just because drug abuse made him suicidal doesn’t give him a pass. If there was a point to this story I’d love to be enlightened.

Cody really took this hanging with boys thing a bit too far.
QONVIyz.gif

I for one am aghast at the lack of empathy shown for a fellow human being that suffered such a traumatic experience. Cody, I feel for you. Congrats.

My therapist suggested that I say something kind to or about someone on a daily basis. It's harder than I thought it'd be.

Baby steps.

That's odd. Never struck me as the type but it's not impossible. You run into those types all the time, people that call themselves Christian yet have literally never read the Bible, ever go to church and will S rando D in a club bathroom. At least Cody has a meaningful experience.

There is of course only one true god, and that's the JBG (pbuh). Amen.

He spoke to me from a burning bush and said, "Thou shall paint thine neck."

People following Christ have saved a lot of people. Unfortunately they have killed a lot more than they have saved.

Nothing I read indicated that’s he’s a better person. He’s still an idiot. He’s still unstable. He’s still a douche. Just because drug abuse made him suicidal doesn’t give him a pass. If there was a point to this story I’d love to be enlightened.

So you don't think going from wanting to kill yourself to wanting to live is an improvement?

And if one of your friends or family members told you a story about getting past suicidal thoughts I highly doubt your response would be "trying to kill yourself doesn't make you a better person."

So you don't think going from wanting to kill yourself to wanting to live is an improvement?

And if one of your friends or family members told you a story about getting past suicidal thoughts I highly doubt your response would be "trying to kill yourself doesn't make you a better person."

I wouldn’t say shit. That’s what happens when you’re not mentally strong enough to handle drugs.

Not a Cody fan, but I respect that. It's hard to come out and talk about God without people raking you over the coals about it.

his brother was always bigger, faster and stronger?

UFC champ, wheres this dude at.

So a Jew is a Christian who likes to live an inconvenient truth.

Sure, if the truth is that God has not sent the messiah prophesied like 3000 years ago (prophecies which Jesus fulfilled to a tee), then you would be right.

If your problem is the belief in God altogether, then I think you might have misspoken.

Not a Cody fan, but I respect that. It's hard to come out and talk about God without people raking you over the coals about it.

People rake for a good reason though. Because people who understand critical thinking also understand how bad it is to not use it.

People following Christ have saved a lot of people. Unfortunately they have killed a lot more than they have saved.

And the ratio of saved to killed is far worse for atheists. Ive already beat this subject to death in other threads in the past, but wars by atheist dictators far, far outweigh the deaths from "Christian" wars. And, in fact, many of those blood baths were targeting Christians. Stalin rounded up Christians and slaughtered them in numbers that far outweigh anything you are referring to. Do the research instead of repeating the regurgitated stuff you've heard.

People rake for a good reason though. Because people who understand critical thinking also understand how bad it is to not use it.

Yes, religion is nonsensical... but who cares, in this case. It's about a guy finding a reason to live. That's enough, for the moment.

To an extent all of life is kind of absurd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back