COBRA KAI - Karate Kid TV Sequel (Season One)

If you have seen the entire season one of COBRA KAI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a longer trailer...

Interesting.

It seems that the way they're making Danny the antagonist without making him the bad guy is to have Johnny do stuff that on the surface looks like the old-style Cobra Kai bullying crap (beating up a bunch of teenagers) but having him do it for nobler reasons that Danny doesn't know about (the teens really did had it coming).

This looks like it might actually turn out to be a fun watch.

<mma4>

Looks like William Zabka is actually stealing the show. Good for him.

Really excited. When I started MA in the 80s, I always wanted a sensei like JOHN KREESE of the COBRA KAI. Finally, Johnnys story can be told.

Really excited. When I started MA in the 80s, I always wanted a sensei like JOHN KREESE of the COBRA KAI. Finally, Johnnys story can be told.

You wanted a bullying psychopath as sensei?

If I see Terry Silver, I just might lose my shit.

If I see Terry Silver, I just might lose my shit.

His Quicksilver training method was bananas. You had to have the "3 Ds" , desire, devotion and discipline. He could only give you the third- but, guaranteed to break legs with it.

His Quicksilver training method was bananas. You had to have the "3 Ds" , desire, devotion and discipline. He could only give you the third- but, guaranteed to break legs with it.

“A man can’t see, he can’t fight”

This is where Jones got his fighting style...

Btw, you should read Terry Silver’s bio. It is fantastic.

http://thekaratekid.wikia.com/wiki/Terry_Silver

Interesting.

It seems that the way they're making Danny the antagonist without making him the bad guy is to have Johnny do stuff that on the surface looks like the old-style Cobra Kai bullying crap (beating up a bunch of teenagers) but having him do it for nobler reasons that Danny doesn't know about (the teens really did had it coming).

lol the teaser trailer was entirely different and misleading they made it like Johnny was being a douche again, and Danny the good guy trying to stop Cobra Kai from promoting evil again, but this new one shows Johnny has the good guy and Danny as sorta a successful car dealer owner but kinda douche.

Man I wish this was on Netflix so bad, it actually looks like it could be good, I like the the change in angle, like Johnnys redemption and Danny actually growing up to be the prick.

Why did they go to youtube red, I aint paying for that shit, should have been on Netflix or Amazon.

Interesting.

I am relieved by how good this seems to be turning out.

You seen this trailer yet, @FierceRedBelt?

Thanks for the link, crying. The lines about Snake and level of detail...priceless. I actually liked KK3, much better than lame ass #2.
Shut your whore mouth.

Miyagi back story is the best back story.

I'm going to let that slide because you're a Greg Haugen fan. There must be a couple of others other than us.
126003-karate-kid-mr-miyagi-smiling-g-N4UQ.gif

You've redeemed yourself.

Hope its not as garbage as the movie was.

In the Story-Hendricks fight there were some great, loud crowd references to the Karate Kid too a la Johny Hendricks having the same first name as Zabka's character.

I remember someone yelled out, "Sweep the leg, Johny!"

and then later "Get him a body bag!"

pretty funny at the time for sure.
That was a fun fight at the time. Hendricks was favored IIRC but I was rooting for story and I was glad he won. That was back when Story hype train started to gain momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back