Official Coaches and Trainers Discussion

DoctorTaco

Breadhead
@Gold
Reaction score
Im a coach and a trainer and am a part of a few groups on Facebook that talk shop- trouble shoot problems with staffing or fighters, get second opinions, and talk/brag about your latest conquests and victories.

Check in if you’re a coach or trainer for
Any striking art. We can get the ball rolling in this thread and then move to a private chat thread where we can be more open about who we are and where we work out of

Im a coach and a trainer and am a part of a few groups on Facebook that talk shop- trouble shoot problems with staffing or fighters, get second opinions, and talk/brag about your latest conquests and victories.

Check in if you’re a coach or trainer for
Any striking art. We can get the ball rolling in this thread and then move to a private chat thread where we can be more open about who we are and where we work out of

this is a good idea, perhaps a facebook page or group as well?

For the sake of accountability I’ll dm you guys my proof/credentials and you can do thare same. Nothing against aspiring coaches/trainers/gym owners or back yard and basement enthusiasts, but I’d prefer to keep it to guys who operate in a more official capacity

For the sake of accountability I’ll dm you guys my proof/credentials and you can do thare same. Nothing against aspiring coaches/trainers/gym owners or back yard and basement enthusiasts, but I’d prefer to keep it to guys who operate in a more official capacity

i have had various coaching positions at different gyms over the years, but they were nothing but "running class" except for one location, which was ran as a fight gym, and I was the pad man. I have not really been in a position of gym owner. So I didnt care about class sizes, numbers, etc as it wasnt my concern. I now run privates out of my home gym, or teach class at 10th planet BJJ.

I really don’t think there are a lot of official trainers that coach and corner fighters full time here

Im a striking coach, ive cornered over 100 pro bouts and had 2 guys in the ufc and 1 guy in the PFL. Coaching is half my income

I really don’t think there are a lot of official trainers that coach and corner fighters full time here
There aren’t a lot of guys who do it full Time, period. I was only able to quit my job last June because I cracked the code on how to actually make money at this.

I’m interested in talking more with guys who coach and train in an official capacity. If you run a few classes each week, if you’re in charge of format and structure or curriculum, if you are the striking coach for a fighter, etc. doesn’t matter if you have a full time job outside the gym.
Im a striking coach, ive cornered over 100 pro bouts and had 2 guys in the ufc and 1 guy in the PFL. Coaching is half my income
lets party

Just got my 15 years of service pin from USABOXING!

I owed a boxing club with my brother and two partners for about 5 years before it started drifting towards being a fitness gym. My brother and I sold our shares and opened our own place almost exactly a year ago. Our primary focus is competitive boxing, though the fitness classes are what keep the lights on. We have 7,500+ square feet of space just outside of Boston.

My brother and I mostly work with amateur boxers, but we do have some pros including a UFC/Bellator/WSOF/Rizin vet.

I don’t know how familiar you guys are with the Massachusetts scene, but USABOXING was actually abolished for a short moment. We just now got a variance to hold bouts until April. Real shit-show.

Anyway, I got six boxers in the upcoming Marciano Tournament. I’ll keep you guys updated on our progress.
0D3A50CF-2273-49CB-AA2F-C7ED05BCC0F5.jpeg

I’m interested in talking more with guys who coach and train in an official capacity. If you run a few classes each week, if you’re in charge of format and structure or curriculum, if you are the striking coach for a fighter, etc. doesn’t matter if you have a full time job outside the gym.

Our rent is about $6,000 or so a month, and we still operate at a fairly strong profit. I got some ideas for you my man, and I’m looking forward to hearing how others make a buck in the biz.

@DoctorTaco

since we cannot add everyone to the DM message. Im thinking something like a group email. or possibly a closed group facebook page would work. I think this is a great idea since you have "cracked" the code. myself and many others can learn alot from you. and Im sure everyone can have some sort of worthwhile input.

There doesn't need to be a lot , and full time? No one is brave / dumb enough to try that.

O wait...

P.S. - I'm going to be organizing a trainers' seminar sometime next year here in Vegas.

I owed a boxing club with my brother and two partners for about 5 years before it started drifting towards being a fitness gym. My brother and I sold our shares and opened our own place almost exactly a year ago. Our primary focus is competitive boxing, though the fitness classes are what keep the lights on. We have 7,500+ square feet of space just outside of Boston.

My brother and I mostly work with amateur boxers, but we do have some pros including a UFC/Bellator/WSOF/Rizin vet.

I don’t know how familiar you guys are with the Massachusetts scene, but USABOXING was actually abolished for a short moment. We just now got a variance to hold bouts until April. Real shit-show.

Anyway, I got six boxers in the upcoming Marciano Tournament. I’ll keep you guys updated on our progress.
View attachment 440757

Jaja, Nevada got completely de-commissioned for a while too. We had to have a real live coup de tat over our long-reigning LBC president and treasurer.

you guys could make annother subforum to stand up for coaches only. If the mods go along and you like that idea why not. Maybe no fb necessary. But well if that is meant as private communication a closed group definitely is better.

Jaja, Nevada got completely de-commissioned for a while too. We had to have a real live coup de tat over our long-reigning LBC president and treasurer.
No shit? I assumed it was just us.

The state athletic commission was going to oversee all amateur events and USABOXING would be out of the picture. That would mean a blood test EVERY FIGHT!!! You’d look like a pincushion three weeks into the gloves.

The state agreed to a variance until April, and I’m optimistic they’ll work things out entirely by then. We’ll see though.

View attachment 440757

Our rent is about $6,000 or so a month, and we still operate at a fairly strong profit. I got some ideas for you my man, and I’m looking forward to hearing how others make a buck in the biz.
the money side of things is just as important. God knows fighters don’t have money, so you’ve got to be able to make it somewhere else so you can invest your time and energy into them.

I’ll shoot you a dm so we can touch base and then I’ll see about sorting out a solid plan B to get all of us to communicate

Back