Coach Pederneiras talks Aldo's added drive and return of 'best weapon' ahead of title rematch

Aldo's boxing should be vastly improved for this fight. This was his mitt work with Robert Garcia a few months back.

Nothing about that video was remotely impressive

It was actually shocking how poor Aldo looks, he was a 9 year undefeated pro champion

He looks like a novice

"I'm not making an excuse, I'm just saying I was hurt"

<1>

every coach everytime talks about how his fighter is much improved from his last fight and bla bla bla. there's nothing to take out from that. even if he loses to holloway again, he's still a nightmare matchup for the rest of the top 10. he's not going anywhere anytime soon

He's shot. His only saving grace is that the rest of the division is dead.

UciFhKZ.gif

Nothing about that video was remotely impressive

It was actually shocking how poor Aldo looks, he was a 9 year undefeated pro champion

He looks like a novice

You should offer to teach him a thing or two.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/andre-pederneiras-jose-aldo-ufc-218-added-drive-title-rematch

“I got the news – it was God that sent it,” Pederneiras told reporters with a laugh, during a media day in Rio de Janeiro last week. “I got a call and they asked if I was going to take the fight. I said, ‘What fight? Aldo already has a fight scheduled.’ They said, ‘You haven’t heard? I said no. ‘Frankie Edgar just got hurt and won’t fight.’

“Aldo, in front of me, said, ‘Sign me up.’ I messaged (the UFC) right then and, the following day, it was done.”

I’m very motivated by this change,” Aldo said earlier in the same media day. “I don’t see a problem. I’m feeling much more prepared this time than the last time.”

“I think he’s a lot more motivated for this fight than he was for the previous one,” Pederneiras said. “Not to take away from his opponent, but fighting for a belt, with the person who beat you? He’s ready.

“(Aldo) spent some time in the U.S., training boxing. When he returned, he started training. So, when they scheduled it, his body was trained. He started a camp much sooner than usual, so these two weeks won’t make a difference.”

“They can expect the best kickboxing, the best muay Thai,” Aldo said. “I’m going for it all the time. I want to kick a lot in this fight. I want to lay hands, too. Everything I’ve learned recently, I want to go in there and I want to implement it. ”

For Pederneiras, too, this is a game-changer.

“When you take someone’s best weapon, and you give it back to them, it’s certainly going to make a difference,” Pederneiras said.

I want to make something very clear: First off, Aldo didn’t say anything, I did,” Pederneiras said. “I made a comment when someone asked why he got tired. I never took away from Holloway’s win. In that moment, regardless of whether he had a good leg or not, the punch would have landed and dropped him regardless.

“It wasn’t the leg that dropped him. So we didn’t take away from Holloway in any way. Quite the contrary: We praised him for both the way he became champion and the way he talked about Aldo. So I want it to be very clear. I only disclosed something that had happened, that’s it.”

Aldo’s response to the same question was in line with the coach’s.

“There was no cowardice,” Aldo said. “Whenever I fight in there, it’s the best Aldo possible. Holloway was a great fighter that night. He won and he earned it. There are no excuses at all. What Dede said happened in training. But if I’m up there, it’s the best Aldo possible. He won by his own merit, and he deserved to win.”

War Aldo!
Lets hope this one shut up the nay sayers.

Who am I kidding?

WAR ALDO!

I really believe Max is a top 3 fighter in the world right now. Don't think it's likely Aldo wins

He's shot. His only saving grace is that the rest of the division is dead.
he was so shot that he masterfully beat fucking frankie. no wonder 99% of mcgregor's fanbase is completely retarded

Lol, all this talks about Aldo’s kicks just tells me that he will not throw a single one.

All of a sudden every trainer and coach says he has his old weapon back.
What the fuck do you mean ? It’s not like there’s something preventing him from throwing kicks in his last 3 or 4 fights. He doesn’t throw them because he doesn’t want to.

he was so shot that he masterfully beat fucking frankie. no wonder 99% of mcgregor's fanbase is completely retarded

Frankie is 36 years old and is tailor made For Aldo. I'm sorry that you are struggling to come to grips with reality here. I'm sure you will find plenty of ways to justify Aldo's KO loss this weekend as some sort of fluke...again.

Frankie is 36 years old and is tailor made For Aldo. I'm sorry that you are struggling to come to grips with reality here. I'm sure you will find plenty of ways to justify Aldo's KO loss this weekend as some sort of fluke...again.
oh now frankie is trash, I get it

oh now frankie is trash, I get it

He's on the downside and you know that, too. Just start accepting it now that the days of Aldo running the division have been long over. He couldn't pose a threat to the true champion, and he can't hang with the current champion. It's all over.

He's on the downside and you know that, too. Just start accepting it now that the days of Aldo running the division have been long over. He couldn't pose a threat to the true champion, and he can't hang with the current champion. It's all over.
<JagsKiddingMe>

He has a teacher

That matter is not relevant

What I stated was fact. In the video posted he looks like a novice fighter

What is very relevant is that you are a keyboard warrior criticizing the technique of not only a world-class fighter, but one of the best ever to compete in the FW division. You saying he looks like a novice is laughable. You obviously have not been around many boxing gyms if you think novices walk in and look like the video posted.

However, since you have all the answers, you should call up NU and offer your professional advice to the novice Jose Aldo.

Back