CNN says memes may contribute to obesity

Don Lemon agrees, but with a caviat: memes contribute to white vs everyone racism first, then obesity.

CNN isn't making any claim. They are reporting on researchers from Loughborough University writing British lawmakers regarding the effects of memes on young teenagers' health behaviors. They even link the letter in the article. I haven't read the letter to form an opinion on it, and it's obvious you haven't as well.

Edit: Changed research to "letter"

Glad you pointed this out to all of the dumb shit posters on here who didn't take 60 seconds to actually read the article.

OP is a retard.

Now, academics have told British lawmakers that internet memes may be contributing to the UK obesity crisis and doing harm to teenagers on a significant scale.
Memes carry dangerous health-related messages and make light of unhealthy eating habits, researchers from Loughborough University wrote in a letter sent to a British parliamentary committee.

Academics are saying this.

CNN is simply reporting it, because you know, that's there job.

They didn't make this shit up, dumbass.

If you want to be mad at anybody here, be mad a Loughborough University.

this is why Trump won
th

I actually sort of believe it.

I seen a lot of Fatasses on Facebook/Instagram post fat positive memes as joke, but considering they are fat...They probably see it as positive reinforcement.

Should they ban memes or anything? fuck no...let the fatties be fatties.

The look on Mark Zuckerberg's face when he sees that CNN missed the part about "NPC memes only" in the chain email:

giphy.gif

CNN isn't making any claim. They are reporting on researchers from Loughborough University writing British lawmakers regarding the effects of memes on young teenagers' health behaviors. They even link the letter in the article. I haven't read the letter to form an opinion on it, and it's obvious you haven't as well.

Edit: Changed research to "letter"

hahahahahahaha yeah they are just linking to the research for informational purposes. They definitely aren't begging people to stop memeing the fuck out of them

hahahahahahaha yeah they are just linking to the research for informational purposes. They definitely aren't begging people to stop memeing the fuck out of them

Why would they beg them to stop? Are these memes doing any damage to them? I honestly don't get the big deal. Did they even bring up the meme people are talking about?

Obesity seems to have really taken off after the US government made the new dietary guidelines in the late 70’s, suggesting that people eat a ton of grain and less fats. Before that peopld temded to be on the small side, fat people weren’t commonplace, food companies reacted by removing fat from food and replacing it with things like HFCS, the more we try to follow big governments guidelines for our “own good” the worse people get.

Bottom line if government, big tech or MSM want to fight obesity they need to focus on what we let pass for food, there is no definitive consensus on what is better, cutting out meat or not, but cut the crap out of people’s diets and focusing on single ingredient foods would be much better than blaming memes.

Or just eat less.

So you think they should not have reported this because......?

I like to put ketchup and cheese on my memes

I live near Pittsburgh, so all of our memes come covered in fries and, unfortunately, ranch sauce.

Well if you are @Cint and don't have a life outside of filling up endless shitty meme threads, that might be true

Or just eat less.
Eating less doesn’t work on people who are already obese, there’s studies out there that show it can reduce metabolic rates in the obese.

I personally know somebody in her lates 20s who gained weight on a 1,000kcal diet, went to an IF routine, ate More and lost weight.

OP is a retard.

There’s droves of studies published daily, thousands of papers, studies and theories put out there from the scientific community yearly, supposedly 90% or so are never referenced again (meaning the thought never caught on) of that 10% many are only referenced by the original author in another paper.

Why doesn’t CNN pick up on all those orphan papers out there? Why has the MSM targeted memes pretty consistently since 2016?

OP is a retard.

C'mon son. CNN doesn't report on everything that is going on in the world. There is some editorial oversight and CNN made a decision to got with this story about junk research linking memes to obesity over something else.

It's a comedy network trolling everyone. I was watching Don Lemon just yesterday, him going on about how adultery is bad was pretty funny.

CNN used to be my go-to. Anybody remember my ninja Aaron Brown? He was replaced by Anderson Cooper. That signaled the beginning of the end of the CNN that I knew -- not AC specifically, but it was a moment in time when the network made a notable shift away from journalistic integrity. So I was sour on them for a long time before Lemon came along. Lemon represents CNN's final form. There was/is no coming back from hiring a fucking moron like him.

Why would they beg them to stop? Are these memes doing any damage to them? I honestly don't get the big deal. Did they even bring up the meme people are talking about?

CNN doxx'd a guy for a gif.

Back