CNN's "Town Hall" Meeting Deteriorates Into Infantile, One-sided Event

It's gotta be really easy being right-leaning. Constantly being philosophically right and not having to sit there to think of ways to justify it.

FTFY

"Well we still don't know...."

Yet you made a thread like you knew every detail. Why? Oh wait nevermind, I forgot you're afraid of questions...

Nope. I made a thread which showed what was reported. It's certainly easy to lack any trust in CNN's credibility these days. A shame Fox News got duped this time.

FTFY

Nope. I made a thread which showed what was reported. It's certainly easy to lack any trust in CNN's credibility these days. A shame Fox News got duped this time.

....just take the L buddy. It's less embarrassing than this.

While I certainly didn't expect this guy's father to be stupid enough to edit an e-mail, we still have not seen the original version of the questions, and it is easy to doubt CNN's credibility due to its embarrassing history of retractions.

And certainly none of it changes the American left's apparant decline into Stalinism.

We don't know that Haab's claim that CNN edited his question is a "lie" until we see the original communication showing how is original three questions were worded.
<36>

Yeah, I don't get why they would change the wording and think that wouldn't be exposed. I am still left with the impression though that there was an initial e-mail that had the entirety of what Colton Haab wanted to ask. I doubt he just spouted all of it off on the phone. He probably submitted his original line of questioning by e-mail as well. I would like to see that entire e-mail thread between Haab and CNN.

Seems to be what you are looking for here - These are the questions Colton wanted to ask -

ScreenshotEMAIL-1200x614.png

Here is the email from CNN to Colton's father with the question Colton would ask -

ScreenshotEMAIL2-1200x360.png

They took one of the questions he wanted asked almost word for word after putting context to it by highlighting the heroic's of Coach Feis - which CNN and Colton may have even talked about on the phone.

According to a CNN source, after Colton sent over his list of questions he wanted to ask at the town hall, Stevenson spoke on the phone with the student to decide on which question he’d use. The framing language for the question that was emailed over later came verbatim from a Fox & Friends interview Colton had done that helped draw CNN’s attention to him.
https://www.mediaite.com/online/cnn...mily-and-cnn-shopped-around-to-media-outlets/

The father flat out LIED. And then he doctored emails to further his lie.

Lol

On one side you have people saying these kids are crisis actors.

On the other side you have some kids dad altering emails and shopping them around and CNN points out that he's lying.

But yeah..... both sides
Seriously, when did honesty become a partisan issue? This is asinine.

....just take the L buddy. It's less embarrassing than this.

Naah. Despite Colton Haab's father stupidly editing those e-mails, it doesn't negate the possibility that CNN was trying to constrict everything Haab wanted to express, and the fact that only one side of the argument seemed to be represented by the unruly crowd in the "town hall" meeting seems to support that. It was certainly different from Trump's meeting at the White House where all sides were represented.

You got dupped because you're predisposed to being dupped on the subject.

You don't like CNN so you were willing to accept this story as fact without looking into it. The problem here is that the reason you don't like CNN actually applies more so to the source you decided to plant your flag on. Fox News has continually shown a sheer lack of any story vetting or journalistic integrity while engaging in partisan reporting. They post fake news and then when called on it if we're lucky they'll bury a retraction weeks later.

So are you going to change the thread title or what?

Well, we just saw two versions of one e-mail. I presume one was accurate. I'd like to see an accurate version of the original e-mail thread to see what CNN cut out from his initial question. That is not included in the link.

THE DAD ALTERED CNN's EMAIL!!!!<LikeReally5>

The father is a nut, a fraud, and a dumb fuck, and tried to use his kid, and let his kid be used by Fox News, as part of a larger political agenda.

He found out that his kid was going to get to ask a question on national tv and saw it as an opportunity for HIMSELF to share with the world his views on guns. So, he decided to try to be Cyrano De Bergerac and wrote up a monologue for his kid to read, and then he emailed cnn about it, pretending it was his kid’s, and they told him no, your kid can ask the question he submitted and we agreed upon.

The dad didn’t like that, and saw another opportunity for himself to be important, so he shopped the story to Fox News that his kid was a martyr and was wronged by anti gun fake news cnn, not thinking he would get called out by CNN. Then when he got called out by CNN, he altered an email, thinking he would not get called out on that. He got caught red handed, end of story.

Fox News is a real jackass here too, as it is the one who ran the story without fact checking.

This isn't a complicated issue, really. You have a barrier to access that isn't sufficient to prevent the crazies. What do you do? You raise it. Period. And anyone who takes issue with that can fuck right off. Invoking constitution as if it's some kind of perfect, word-of-god type scripture is insane. Insane. Like, diagnosably stupid. It was written by a bunch of old dudes hundreds of years ago in a totally different setting than ours, the shit needs update, across the board. To argue otherwise is literally like arguing that eye for an eye is fine because the Bible says so.

And the worst part of people bitching about their "constitutional rights" is that nobody is trying to take their fucking guns away. You can have all the fucking guns, have a fucking tank parked in your parking lot, I don't give a shit - BUT you have to prove you're a sane and level human being beyond all reasonable doubt. Mentally cleared and tested every year. Because if you want your "constitutional right" to have an attack helicopter, I want my constitutional right to be able to go to the movies knowing that the crazies have been prevented from owning firearms.

You got dupped because you're predisposed to being dupped on the subject.

You don't like CNN so you were willing to accept this story as fact without looking into it. The problem here is that the reason you don't like CNN actually applies more so to the source you decided to plant your flag on. Fox News has continually shown a sheer lack of any story vetting or journalistic integrity while engaging in partisan reporting. They post fake news and then when called on it if we're lucky they'll bury a retraction weeks later.

So are you going to change the thread title or what?

It's like when your girlfriend dreams about you cheating on her. Even though she eventually wakes up and realizes she was duped by her own shitty brain, she still acts all passive aggressive all morning.

So, CNN-no sign they did anything wrong, Fox News-lied to push an agenda. Where's the right wing outrage?
RIght here lol

I'm not really a right winger, but I lean Libertarian and love that Trump won, even if he's a buffoon. I really hope this takes Tucker off his high horse for some people around here. I like his schtick, and he's been great at ripping lefty hypocrisy, but it seems everyone has forgotten what a GOP hack he was a few years ago. He's always harping on guests to provide evidence, yet he lets this kid smear CNN without ever asking for proof.

I hate CNN as much as anyone, but I learned long ago to never run my mouth about something unless I had enough facts. We all make mistakes and getting bad info can happen, but Tucker didn't even try to verify his story, unless I missed something?

It's like when your girlfriend dreams about you cheating on her. Even though she eventually wakes up and realizes she was duped by her own shitty brain, she still acts all passive aggressive all morning.

{<redford}

I for one am completely surprised that the professional news agency was above board and the attention-seeking, trouble-making father was underhanded. Who could have ever fucking predicted that. This poor Colton kid is going to grow up to be the world's unhappiest fool.

I wish I could say I was surprised. A Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student, who was present at the school during the recent shooting, was invited to ask a question at CNN's recent "town hall" segment but declined to attend after they edited the question he wanted to ask and insisted he stick to their script:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/...te-questions-says-florida-student-colton-haab

Also, check out all the low rent CNN shills who heckled, insulted, and talked over NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch at that same "town hall" meeting. At one point, they called her a "murderer" for supporting the 2nd amendment of our constitution.

https://www.maxim.com/news/nra-rep-loesch-meets-parkland-shooting-survivors-2018-2

http://www.businessinsider.com/park...ily-shops-doctored-cnn-emails-to-media-2018-2

And here is CNN's version of the encounter.

CNN says that Stevenson and Colton agreed on one question that Colton would ask, but that Haab's father, Glenn Haab, intervened, sending a lengthy speech (see below) that he wanted Colton to read, which included three questions for lawmakers.

Stevenson responded that the speech was "way too long" and that Colton "needs to stick" to the question they agreed on. Glenn then responded that he and his son "are not actors" and that Colton would not participate in the town hall if he could not read the full speech.

--

On Friday afternoon, Fox News and the HuffPost reached out to CNN to verify emails between the Haabs and Stevenson that they received from Colton.

A CNN source provided Colton's version of the emails, as well as their versions of all of the communications between the Haabs and CNN, to Business Insider.

In CNN's version of one email, Stevenson told Glenn that Colton needed to stick to a question that he and Stevenson "discussed on the phone that he submitted." But in the version of the email provided by Colton to Fox and HuffPost, the phrase, "that he submitted" is deleted.

--

The Dad changed the agreed upon format , and when he didn't get his way, he spins a yarn. The Coltons doctored the email they provided to Fox and Huffpo.

According to the metadata of the Word document containing the email that was provided to Fox, it appears that Glenn last edited it.

I for one am completely surprised that the professional news agency was above board and the attention-seeking, trouble-making father was underhanded. Who could have ever fucking predicted that. This poor Colton kid is going to grow up to be the world's unhappiest fool.
And the alt-right / Trumpers will lap it up.
Trump pointed to this story as proof of CNN being 'fake' news.

The kid's dad should apply for a job at Breitbart or Fox.

Back