CNN and NBC's diversity

What does the text under the OP's name say for you?

Did Mickie ban him though? I mean, Mickie merges and dumps threads without explanation, so why did he feel the need to even respond to this guy?

Have you ever watched either channel?

What does that have to do with whether or not they're hiring the best people?

Honestly, that's a stupid follow up question.

Whether or not, I watch something has nothing to do with whether or not the people hired for the job are qualified for their jobs. It's almost as stupid as suggesting that because someone doesn't like the content of television programming that the people providing that content are unqualified. I mean that would require an epic level of stupidity.

It's like saying that because I didn't like a book I read, the author is unqualified to write. Or because I don't like a history book, the teacher is not qualified to teach it.

Of course, I know you weren't going to do anything as stupid as saying that because you don't like the content that comes out of CNN or MSNBC that some how suggests that the people at CNN or MSNBC aren't good at their jobs. It also has nothing to do with whether or not the people not listed on that graphic are any good at their jobs.

I know you weren't going to say those things because that would be incredibly stupid and I'll assume you already know that.

What does that have to do with whether or not they're hiring the best people?

Honestly, that's a stupid follow up question.

Whether or not, I watch something has nothing to do with whether or not the people hired for the job are qualified for their jobs. It's almost as stupid as suggesting that because someone doesn't like the content of television programming that the people providing that content are unqualified. I mean that would require an epic level of stupidity.

It's like saying that because I didn't like a book I read, the author is unqualified to write. Or because I don't like a history book, the teacher is not qualified to teach it.

Of course, I know you weren't going to do anything as stupid as saying that because you don't like the content that comes out of CNN or MSNBC that some how suggests that the people at CNN or MSNBC aren't good at their jobs. It certainly has nothing to do with the whether or not the people not listed on that graphic are any good at their jobs.

Because that would be incredibly stupid and I'll assume you already know that.

Sure it does. Both channels are awful. You really think awful is the best America has to offer?

Sure it does. Both channels are awful. You really think awful is the best America has to offer?

So, based on my impression of the programming that will tell us if Don Lemon and the other anchors were the best hires available at the time of the hiring process?

So, based on my impression of the programming that will tell us if Don Lemon and the other anchors were the best hires available at the time of the hiring process?

A bit of common sense should tell you that this guy isn't the best at what he does.

A bit of common sense should tell you that this guy isn't the best at what he does.

Of course he's not the best at journalism or tv anchoring. That's an absurd requirement. Literally only one person is the best at either of those and whomever that person is can't possibly be on all tv channels at all times. I've watched all of these shows (FOX, MSNBC, CNN, HL News, etc.), the anchors and hosts change every hour - so we're talking about possibly watching the "best at what he does" at most 1 hour a day.

Let's just agree that your premise that Don Lemon and other MSNBC/CNN hires weren't the best hires because you don't like the content of the programs they're on is a stupid premise. All of this because you wanted to white knight some stupid comment about Don Lemon being the token black at a company that has multiple black anchors/hosts.

Now, we both know that the original statement was based on ignorance since anyone with an internet connection can see that Lemon isn't a "token" at CNN. But you felt the need to diminish his ability to do his job in order to prop up that stupid statement. And you based that diminishment based on you not liking the content of his programming or his network.

It's just logically unsound. Sometimes, it's better to just abandon a bad position rather than try to force it. The longer it goes, the worse you look. I'm going to walk away now because I think that's in your best interest and I'm feeling charitable.

Of course he's not the best at journalism or tv anchoring. That's an absurd requirement. Literally only one person is the best at either of those and whomever that person is can't possibly be on all tv channels at all times. I've watched all of these shows (FOX, MSNBC, CNN, HL News, etc.), the anchors and hosts change every hour - so we're talking about possibly watching the "best at what he does" at most 1 hour a day.

Let's just agree that your premise that Don Lemon and other MSNBC/CNN hires weren't the best hires because you don't like the content of the programs they're on is a stupid premise. All of this because you wanted to white knight some stupid comment about Don Lemon being the token black at a company that has multiple black anchors/hosts.

Now, we both know that the original statement was based on ignorance since anyone with an internet connection can see that Lemon isn't a "token" at CNN. But you felt the need to diminish his ability to do his job in order to prop up that stupid statement. And you based that diminishment based on you not liking the content of his programming or his network.

It's just logically unsound. Sometimes, it's better to just abandon a bad position rather than try to force it. The longer it goes, the worse you look. I'm going to walk away now because I think that's in your best interest and I'm feeling charitable.

That's a lot of words to essentially just declare that you're wrong, but too arrogant to admit it.

This has always been one of my favorite little political videos.

Afterwards the asshats hired Sharpton... too funny.

VaxiNPx.jpg

These are the same kind of people who say everything is too White.

My question is, what percent of management and on air personalities are Jewish. If I had that statistic it would help a lot. We would then know if there truly is an organizational systemic bias.

But yeah, from appearances, this looks pretty bad.

Back