CNN 2020 front page ranks pros and cons to Dem candidates. Lists Bernie's con as "old, white male"

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
5. Bernie Sanders: Perhaps no pick generated as much controversy last month as placing Vermont's junior senator at number five. Some wanted him higher because he retains high favorable ratings nationally and came in second to Hillary Clinton in 2016. Both are fair points, and why he's so high up on the list. Sanders' problem is he's trailing Biden, has many of Biden's flaws (old, white and male) and carries a huge additional one: Sanders is not a Democrat. Even after winning the Democratic nomination for Senate in 2018, he declined the nomination and forged ahead with his independent bid. Most of the people who vote in Democratic primaries are Democrats. (Previous ranking: 5)

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/politics/2020-democrats-biden/index.html

Poor form dems...

cd7.gif

Imagine if they listed someones flaws as "young black lesbian." The liberal media would explode today.

Lucky for us sane folks there are like 6000 other places to get real news.

Unfortunately for you losers you’re stuck with only Fox News, and The national review.

"1. Joe Biden: The former vice president retains the top ranking on our list. Yes, his age (75) and the fact that he's a white man have their disadvantages in a Democratic Party that is getting younger, more diverse and is nominating more women every cycle." [...]

So being white is a disadvantage in the dnc, because the left votes based on skin color. Anyone else see a problem with that?

For the left media CNN, nyt etc. racism against white people seems to be oki. They write about it as it would be the most natural thing on earth. They don't even hide it anymore lol

CNN wouldn't be CNN without hypocritical identity politics. It's why they're on such a decline.

We can't be voting in a cracker ass cracker.
giphy.gif

Lucky for us sane folks there are like 6000 other places to get real news.

Unfortunately for you losers you’re stuck with only Fox News, and The national review.

Thanks for admitting the horrendous left-wing bias in media.

Imagine if they listed someones flaws as "young black lesbian." The liberal media would explode today.
Except the "right wing media" does explode today over such frivolity. Just check the sites you use for "news".

"1. Joe Biden: The former vice president retains the top ranking on our list. Yes, his age (75) and the fact that he's a white man have their disadvantages in a Democratic Party that is getting younger, more diverse and is nominating more women every cycle." [...]

So being white is a disadvantage in the dnc, because the left votes based on skin color. Anyone else see a problem with that?

For the left media CNN, nyt etc. racism against white people seems to be oki. They write about it as it would be the most natural thing on earth. They don't even hide it anymore lol
And being a minority, gay, or non Christian is a disadvantage for Republicans (despite the token examples they parade around) but I guess you will never point out the problem with that, huh?

And being a minority, gay, or non Christian is a disadvantage for Republicans (despite the token examples they parade around) but I guess you will never point out the problem with that, huh?
You don't think Thomas Sowell or Ben Shapiro would win an election?

If she were running as a Republican, "young, black, lesbian" would be a flaw in that it would not serve to energize the Republican base. An "old, white, male" will similarly be less enticing to Democrats to get them off the sofas and into the voting booths.

It would be naive to think that a candidates race does not effect voters, Republican or Democrat.

Bernie is Vermont’s JUNIOR senator. Let that sink in

And Sanders isn't even white lol.

Or a Democrat. He won the Democrat primary but will certainly turn down the nomination. He ran in the Democrat primary just to box out any other liberal candidates in the general election.

You don't think Thomas Sowell or Ben Shapiro would win an election?
absolutely not at the current time. Though they'd actually fare better in a national election than local ones due to deeply entrenched racism throughout vast swathes of the nation.

This kind of white guilt nonsense just proves Shelby Steele is correct when he says that white guilt is about whites going to any length to prove they are not racist. That is why we see whites who take it upon themselves to shut down white people, white privilege conferences and white people who state that whiteness is a problem. It's not about feeling guilty about past tragedies to blacks, it is all about going to absurd lengths to display how you are not a racist.

"You are, in fact, stigmatized as a racist, because, after all, you have know acknowledged that your nation practiced racism explicitly for four centuries. And, now, since the '60s, white Americans have been grappling with the stigma, trying prove that they are not racist, to prove the negative."

'White Guilt' and the End of the Civil Rights Era

...white guilt is not a guilt of conscience; it's not something that you get up in the morning and say, my God, I feel guilty about what happened to black Americans. Rather it is the fact that in relation to black Americans you lack moral authority. You are, in fact, stigmatized as a racist, because, after all, you have acknowledged that your nation practiced racism explicitly for four centuries. And, now, since the '60s, white Americans have been grappling with the stigma, trying prove that they are not racist, to prove the negative.

A good example is when people say one of my best friends is black. Well, why do you say that? You say that because you're really trying to say I'm not a racist. I'm not what I'm stigmatized as. And the point of the book is that this pressure that comes to whites from this stigmatization has had a tremendous impact on our culture, our politics, our public policy in many, many ways.

So we've never had a President of the United States ask anything of black citizens. And I think the reason for that is they've all felt that if they presume to do that, that they would be stigmatized as racist. They don't feel they have the moral authority to speak to us. And that's, I think, one instance where white guilt has worked against us, because it's important for a nation to speak freely and honestly with all of its citizens.

I think one of the great mistakes black Americans have made in our long history here in America was to begin, in the mid-60s, to sort of rely on the manipulation of white guilt, the manipulation of this stigma; and our leadership has basically been a leadership that's applied this stigma. We call it different things, the race card and so forth.

But what we are really saying is that if you want to not be seen as racist, you have to do thus and so. And so it's a kind of manipulation of the moral power that blacks have over whites.

Blacks...are very quick to see racism in situations, even many where it's not there, because racism is our power over whites. And so we tend to embrace it and see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back