CM Punk vs Michael Jackson pushed Overeem / Blaydes off the Main Card?

I can't possibly imagine that Holly Holm/Megan Anderson is a bigger PPV draw than the #2 and #4 ranked Heavyweights Overeem and Blaydes.... but maybe I'm wrong. I guess the UFC must know what they're doing, right?

Maybe Punk is more rounded now and wont be completely fucked by the old 'duck under the punch' tactic

Neither Reem or Blaydes give a shit on social media. Personally I think its a complete joke and complete BS. Nothing against the ladies and WMMA, but a 1-4 fighter that's 0-2 at FW that's still riding the Ronda KO vs literally an amateur in Anderson gets main card?? I am very much looking forward to Holm/Anderson and excited, but as I said before, it shouldnt be main card over Reem/Curtis.

Lets not start talking about Jackson/Punk. Bar for me on this one.....no way am I supporting the UFC and their gimmick fights.

I can't possibly imagine that Holly Holm/Megan Anderson is a bigger PPV draw than the #2 and #4 ranked Heavyweights Overeem and Blaydes.... but maybe I'm wrong. I guess the UFC must know what they're doing, right?

They just wanna build stars. They keep trying so hard with Holm after that Ronda KO and she's been a bust in every fight since then.

I would put Overeem vs Blaydes over Brooks vs Jackson anyday. UFC has become a popularity contest. Seriously?

Hmmm I thought they would bump the arlovski fight to the prelims .. crazy .. never thought I would see Overeem on the prelims

They probably want people to tune in to the prelims.

They just wanna build stars. They keep trying so hard with Holm after that Ronda KO and she's been a bust in every fight since then.
Ish ish ish, Holly fights like she doesn’t know she is in a fight.

at UFC 225, Chicago, 10th June.

dana-white-shit-eatin-grin.jpg

Here is your Main Card:

Whitaker vs Romero
Dos Anos vs Colby Covington
Holly Holm vs Megan Anderson
Arlovski vs Tuivasa
Punk vs Jackson

Some of the fights which have been pushed off the MC by the above:

Overeem vs Blaydes
Sugar Rashad vs Smith
Guida vs Pettis

seems-legit-as-fuck_o_1242884.jpg

giphy.gif

who cares really about the order

So.. When are they gonna start doing only male cards and only female?

That would been perfect for me. Doubt i am the only one.
Women's fights are amateur hour. WNBA doesn't come on for a quarter during NBA. During the superbowl women don't come out to play for a quarter. UFC needs to kill this crap off.

I predict Michael Jackson in his grave will beat CM Punk.

2 days ago: Holm vs Anderson pushes Arlovski vs Tuivasa off main card
1 day ago: Holm vs Anderson pushes Overeem vs Blaydes off main card
Today: Punk vs Jackson pushes Overeem vs Blaydes off main card
Every time a big boo hoo.

Please settle for one option. In my opinion, sure Overeem vs Blaydes is an amazing main event on an overall great card throughout the night to headline the FS1 card. But still, in terms of buys, Punk vs Jackson should stay PPV. In terms of importance, Holm vs Anderson should stay PPV. In terms of the heavyweight division, Overeem vs Blaydes is a much bigger match-up than Arvloski vs Tuivasa and those two should thus switch places. Honestly, Arlovski vs Tuivasa is more than enough to headline a great FS1 card anyway.

Back