CM Punk taught us an important lesson about fighting.

I'm talking about z level athlete, let alone a.

Just fucking around bro.. being totally serious I doubt cm punk trained that hard. Didn't it take him like 3 years to earn his BJJ blue belt? My old roommate did it in just over a year going about 3 nights a week for a few hours a night, and he was less athletic and coordinated than CM Punk by far.

He actually looked and was built like Danny Downes if you remember that guy. Lmao

Just fucking around bro.. being totally serious I doubt cm punk trained that hard. Didn't it take him like 3 years to earn his BJJ blue belt? My old roommate did it in just over a year going about 3 nights a week for a few hours a night, and he was less athletic and coordinated than CM Punk by far.

He actually looked and was built like Danny Downes if you remember that guy. Lmao
Honestly didn't even look like a blue belt when we saw him in guard.

Dude, he started at 38 years old. Forrest Griffin is a must better example of what hard work can do.

Barbarena beat Sage Northcutt. I think the better lesson learned is that experience plays the biggest factor when it comes to fighting.

/thread

There are plenty of guys who find success in the UFC without crazy genetics.

He's just too old.

Mind boggling how someone with that much money and time could look so horrendous.

He's the worst athlete I've seen in the UFC, so it's not mind boggling at all. You can't buy genetics with time or money.

This isn't the reason. Could you be an NFL player with a few years of training? Of course not. I don't see why MMA would be any different. It's arguably the toughest sport on the planet and requires a lot longer, with more amateur experience, to be at the level of UFC fighters.

A lifetime of self-delusion and hubris will wreck a fella.

Unless they're in sales or pro-wrestling

Well, dah. Do you think Nick Diaz could write like James Joyce if he started to read and practice writing?

It was the first time that I've ever seen Tickling used in UFC against a downed opponent.

I remember people would always say Forrest Griffin is unathetlhic but was UFC champ yet hes probably still way athletic then the average Joe.

He just has that "Aw, shucks" look to him. He has some athletic talent.

#SwoleOpie

It certainly was admirable the way he showed us how not to fight. What a cool guy.

Back