CM Punk taught us an important lesson about fighting.

the UFC and Punk have been selling y'all some wolf tickets, and you guys were eating them right up.

Nobody that works out on a regular basis has a body like CM Punk. There are countless guys that have a full time job and only train a few times a week and they still look better than that fool.

4 years of training at a high level gym with world class coaches and training partners and he can't even throw a punch and is tired after 2 minutes? c'mon, he hasn't been training shit and just wanted 1 last big payday before he disappears
This might be true, and would make a lot of sense. Others have suggested this. I admittedly didn't see the fights (was pretty sick), but from the play by play and reactions of people who watched, it sounded like simply joining a high level wrestling club and competing in local tournaments would have made him more formiddable - which is kind of weird, because 4 years should be long enough to put it all together to look decent.

I also can't imagine why his body would appear to be unchanged in all of that time.

I mean you should just not have zero athleticism like punk. also I doubt he trained hard

No doubt genetics play a role but do you really believe punk was working harder than anyone else? He was training in a top camp for what, 4 years? And he still looked like some guy that just started.

To me punk seems like one of those guys who shows up every week to say he trains but never puts in real work.

Fucked up that he trained for like 4 years and has no skills, literally zero. Throw ten thousand jabs or leg kicks, acquire a weapon. Wrestle 5 times a week, learn one shitty takedown over and over again. His coaches let him down by not being real with him, even now he probably doesn't know how shit he really is. Tis sad, dude could've learned one shitty trip into lay n pray and wrestle humped that guy into the sunset.

i mean you can work really hard but if you don't learn anything what's the point? Punk isn't athletic at all but that aside he showed no skill whatsoever

CM Punk taught us that you can bullshit for so long before you face the music.

Don't pretend to be something you are not.

Brock has shown us, even in the last fight against Hunt, that athletic ability is extremely important even if you are not great at taking punches. A lot of people are saying roids made him great but I am confident that they would not do much for Punk or an average Joe.

This is why top athletes could transition to MMA assuming they could handle it mentally.

It's never just one thing though, he's old, has zero experience in relevant fields and i'm willing to bet that he didn't put that much work into it, at least comparatively speaking (to your average UFC level talent). Now mesh all of that with his natural ability (or lack thereof) and you get whatever the fuck that was, on main card of all places.

How do one get into TV Rassling without a hint of athleticism?

I'd say MMA is towards the bottom of any sport/athleticism chart.

1. Soccer(football) Football(handegg) basketball
2.Hockey

???. some other stuff

29. MMA
No, you have to be athletic as f. to be a good fighter.

Sure also it takes many more hours to master skills, must start younger, can't teach an middle age dog all the tricks and etc...

Back