CM PUNK: "If it was up to me, I'd be the first fight on fight pass"

Right. We all get that. The bullshit part is this fake humility "I'd fight on fight pass if I could"

No, no you would not. So don't say that when it's obvious fake humility. He knows his name brought him to the party and that's fine, that's business. Then don't act like you're in it for pure love of the game. He's in it for thw six to seven figure paycheck. If they paid him like a prelims guy he wouldn't be fighting
Its not fake humility. He was training in martial arts for the love of it. He doesnt have to do this shit. He could go back to pro wrestling whenever he wants. Did you not see how upset he was that he didnt win and the toll it took on him. For him to get back in there is crazy. Youd have to love it to do that. Hes just too famous to do it the normal way,but hes still a human being for fedors sake.

His job is to increase PPV sales, the actual fighting is largely irrelevant.

They could sell a lot of PPV's if they just signed annoying celebrities to get KO'd by real fighters.

I'd pay a fortune to see Kanye and Kim get KO'd.

They could sell a lot of PPV's if they just signed annoying celebrities to get KO'd by real fighters.

I'd pay a fortune to see Kanye and Kim get KO'd.

You can see Kim get smashed online did you not know?

CM is so hated at this point, I have actually turned around and am hoping he does well now lol

Is he still a draw at this point? After looking like total dogshit in the most embarrassing PPV main-card loss in the company's history?

I don’t get the hate, pride used to have pro wrestlers fight all the time, and one even fought with the mask on, and everyone loved pride.

His fight will be hilarious, I can't wait to witness some top rated female overhands bombs from Punk.

I'm sure he would take that pay to scrap on any slot on the card give what we saw for numbers. I don't blame him either way.

Not expecting much out of the fight, so as an opener I'm fine with it given the situation and what we know WME is going to do.

Fuck off with your fake humility, Brooks.
If you genuinely felt that way, you wouldn't be entering contract talks asking for $1-2million per fight basic salary. If you really felt that way, you'd have approached the UFC and asked for a regular contract offer, and accepted $20/20k if it was offered.

Sources for his contract info and him asking for that money?

Not completely doubting you just curious

If you genuinely felt that way, you wouldn't be entering contract talks asking for $1-2million per fight basic salary. If you really felt that way, you'd have approached the UFC and asked for a regular contract offer, and accepted $20/20k if it was offered.

LMAO

delusional

That’s moronic, I have no interest in the WWE and I look forward to watching him get smashed again

But getting 20/20 is not humble it’s absolutely moronic

Dude is getting a shot because he’s a name mma fans know, most mma fans also watch wwe and nascar and slam beers on their forehead

He would be basically giving his employer a bigger share of the money they will make off him, what’s humble about that

That's absolute nonsense. There is a very substantial difference between not caring what order your fight is shown and downgrading your income from 1m to 20k just for the sake of humility. The guy is an entertainer and is paid based on the sales he makes not the fighting ability he has and so he gets spots on cards where his talents can be capitalised on. He sucks but I don't think you have any evidence he has tried to guarantee himself preferential slots on cards etc to suggest he is being disingenuous

If it was up to me, he'd be fighting Yoel Romero on the main card and tell Yoel that he'll get a guaranteed KO of the night bonus if he wins via KO. Mario Yamasaki can ref and he'll get a late stoppage bonus.

It's easy to be humble about wishing your were the first fight on fight pass when you're getting paid over a mill for being the least skilled fighter in the UFC. I don't hate on him as a person cause he's got where he has through hard work, but he's jumped into a sport where people really do have to grind and sacrifice everything and gone straight to the top because of his brand so at the same time he deserves all the criticism he gets imo.

"You're taking everything I worked for motherfucker" - CM Punk

Yea but I’m pretty sure he won’t like getting paid like he’s on fight pass. Fuck off with this joke already. I hope he’s done at 225 win or lose

I don't think he cares. He walked away from wwe money.

Hell, he'd make more money doing indie circuits than UFC.

He's got enough money to last him the rest of his life.

Back