CM PUNK: "If it was up to me, I'd be the first fight on fight pass"

My thoughts exactly. He must think we're retarded.
I disagree with you this time, mike. Unless you're being sarcastic. In which case, I agree, we are retarded on this site.

I very much doubt that if I offered you a huge sum of money to say work at mcdonalds that you would pull this same humility you expect him to show and say nah dog im only worth 8.85

Sane people dont turn down good money on the lofty principal that sherdoggers might be upset
His name should be "the dark ages" not "the renaissance '

I disagree with you this time, mike. Unless you're being sarcastic. In which case, I agree, we are retarded on this site.
It's false humility imo. No point in saying you'd fight anywhere on the card, when you know your salary places you on the main card.

Then drop the fake humility, nobody is paying you a million to be on Fight Pass. Just embrace it, don't act like you disagree with the UFC' decision to PPV-card him just to try and score brownie points with fans.

Then drop the fake humility, nobody is paying you a million to be on Fight Pass. Just embrace it, don't act like you disagree with the UFC' decision to PPV-card him just to try and score brownie points with fans.

You're making inferences and reacting to them. All he said is that he would prefer to be the first fight on fight pass. It could be for any reason

It's false humility imo. No point in saying you'd fight anywhere on the card, when you know your salary places you on the main card.
See the post below yours for my response, please

If cm punk doesnt ask for that money,ufc cant take him seriously.
Theyll be like what the fuck is wrong with this idiot. This is NOT how business is conducted.
Ya, but why does he need to be in the UFC? Bobby Lashley and Bautista fought in small shows cause they really just wanted to fight.

Brooks seems like a cool dude, but lots of people do things for the love of it and not for the money. My guess is he already has a shit ton also.

Ya, but why does he need to be in the UFC? Bobby Lashley and Bautista fought in small shows cause they really just wanted to fight.

Brooks seems like a cool dude, but lots of people do things for the love of it and not for the money. My guess is he already has a shit ton also.
Because ufc gave him an offer,and hes not stupid. Hes a businessman.

And thats fine. I don't know the man and he can do whatever he wants. Like I said, he seems like a nice dude. But if all he really cares about is giving MMA a shot, he could have just gone to the regional circuit and had 5 fights under his belt already.

What's a businessman? Everyone likes to get paid for what they do. Some people elevate certain values over money though. Is being a business some kind of virtue?

I would echo the same advice back to you.

Dude, you are up at 3 am defended this fucking amateur only in the UFC because he was some popular play fighter. If you aren’t his wife you are a pathetic individual. This guy claims he’s rather fight on FP knowing damn well he didn’t negotiate his fight contract in that manner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep, Lorenzo openly admitted he approached him at a UFC event & asked if he ever thought about crossing over. A week later Lorenzo & Dana flew to Punk's house with a million dollar offer.
They said "no warm up fights".
I understand the negative feelings about it, but why should Punk make less and UFC more just because it "looks better" to some fans.
The money is being made by someone and if Punk is bringing in fans, he deserves the money.

Yep, Lorenzo openly admitted he approached him at a UFC event & asked if he ever thought about crossing over. A week later Lorenzo & Dana flew to Punk's house with a million dollar offer.
They said "no warm up fights".
I understand the negative feelings about it, but why should Punk make less and UFC more just because it "looks better" to some fans.
The money is being made by someone and if Punk is bringing in fans, he deserves the money.
Absolutley.

And thats fine. I don't know the man and he can do whatever he wants. Like I said, he seems like a nice dude. But if all he really cares about is giving MMA a shot, he could have just gone to the regional circuit and had 5 fights under his belt already.

What's a businessman? Everyone likes to get paid for what they do. Some people elevate certain values over money though. Is being a business some kind of virtue?
Cm punk never said "all he cares about is giving mma a shot" he was approached with am offer,because of how famous he is,and it really is a tremendous oppurtunity to do something he really wanted to do anyway.. It is ok for him to say "yeah sometimes i wish i could do it more low key" but that was not the offer made to him,and he rightfully took what was offered,which is a great deal.

AKA, "I should be headlining this bitch"

Dude, you are up at 3 am defended this fucking amateur only in the UFC because he was some popular play fighter. If you aren’t his wife you are a pathetic individual. This guy claims he’s rather fight on FP knowing damn well he didn’t negotiate his fight contract in that manner.

You're making a lot of assumptions about me.

"up at 3 am defending him"

I would be awake, regardless of what I was doing at that time. I didn't feel like sleeping. This makes me a pathetic individual? Again, I would echo this back to you. You're the one who seems very angry that he is in the ufc. That is more suggestive of a pathetic individual than any of my behaviour. Notice that I didn't call you a pathetic individual because I don't know that to be the case. I am only responding to what you say.

"he claims he'd rather fight on fight pass knowing damn well he didn't negotiate his contract in that manner"

I mean, you should read this back and think about it. There are so many different reasons he could want to be on fight pass. You're making assumptions about what he said. Maybe he likes to take a shit at 10:00pm every night, so he'd rather fight before that. More importantly, one can understand how things must work while still having preferences that are not in line with the way things must work. Is he privileged? Yes. Does that disqualify him from wanting to fight on fight pass? The idea that he should have negotiated his way into a 20k/20k contract is absurd. One does not negotiate for less money.

You should try to understand what people are saying, instead of filtering what they say through your biases.

You're making a lot of assumptions about me.

"up at 3 am defending him"

I would be awake, regardless of what I was doing at that time. I didn't feel like sleeping. This makes me a pathetic individual? Again, I would echo this back to you. You're the one who seems very angry that he is in the ufc. That is more suggestive of a pathetic individual than any of my behaviour. Notice that I didn't call you a pathetic individual because I don't know that to be the case. I am only responding to what you say.

"he claims he'd rather fight on fight pass knowing damn well he didn't negotiate his contract in that manner"

I mean, you should read this back and think about it. There are so many different reasons he could want to be on fight pass. You're making assumptions about what he said. Maybe he likes to take a shit at 10:00pm every night, so he'd rather fight before that. More importantly, one can understand how things must work while still having preferences that are not in line with the way things must work. Is he privileged? Yes. Does that disqualify him from wanting to fight on fight pass? The idea that he should have negotiated his way into a 20k/20k contract is absurd. One does not negotiate for less money.

You should try to understand what people are saying, instead of filtering what they say through your biases.

iX2RMyw.gif

His job is to increase PPV sales, the actual fighting is largely irrelevant.

That said, he seems like a decent guy so good luck to him, just sucks that he's taking a spot on the main card away from someone who is more deserving from a fighting, rather than an 'entertainment spectacle', perspective.
The actual fighting is not irrelevant, but you are right that his job is to increase PPV sales/tv ratings.

Back