CM PUNK: "If it was up to me, I'd be the first fight on fight pass"

Fuck off with your fake humility, Brooks.
If you genuinely felt that way, you wouldn't be entering contract talks asking for $1-2million per fight basic salary. If you really felt that way, you'd have approached the UFC and asked for a regular contract offer, and accepted $20/20k if it was offered.
That is so stupid. Plenty of reasons to dislike the guy. Money isn’t one of them. They put him on the main card for a reason.

Atleast he didn’t run back to the wwe after losing his first match or get busted for roids.

There's a lot of extremely triggered lads in here!
Logged in to find something like 83 notifications relating to my post in here - a personal record, haha!

These threads are hilarious. People talk so bravely knowing if they stood face to face with Phil Brooks they would crumble.

At least Kimbo Slice went through TUF..

I don’t get the hate, pride used to have pro wrestlers fight all the time, and one even fought with the mask on, and everyone loved pride.
Japanese pro wrestlers are usually schooled in catch wrestling. Sakurabas camp had a lot of pro wrestlers. CM Punk started training in martial arts two years ago

I got no problem, he's a big name that ppl want to see, win or lose. I think it's a fun experiment. Ppl get so worked up about anything different while at the same time complaining about things being "boring."

Its one fight over the course of a year that'll likely last less than 5 minutes. Go rock a deuce if it's that upsetting.

If you genuinely felt that way, you wouldn't be entering contract talks asking for $1-2million per fight basic salary. If you really felt that way, you'd have approached the UFC and asked for a regular contract offer, and accepted $20/20k if it was offered.

Dumbest thing I've read in a while.

Japanese pro wrestlers are usually schooled in catch wrestling. Sakurabas camp had a lot of pro wrestlers. CM Punk started training in martial arts two years ago

He’s trained Bjj for a few years before that. Even still, I doubt the likes of dos caras jr and takiyama (the guy who fought frye) had more martial arts training than punk. Rizin had a 50 year old woman fight gabi Garcia. My point is that Japan doesn’t get hate for freak matches as much as cm punk has been getting

He’s trained Bjj for a few years before that. Even still, I doubt the likes of dos caras jr and takiyama (the guy who fought frye) had more martial arts training than punk. Rizin had a 50 year old woman fight gabi Garcia. My point is that Japan doesn’t get hate for freak matches as much as cm punk has been getting
Ikuhisa Minowa, all the early pancrase guys, and I believe dos Caras had a legit wrestling background and wins in MMA

You're encouraging foolishness out of spite.

Yea but I’m pretty sure he won’t like getting paid like he’s on fight pass. Fuck off with this joke already. I hope he’s done at 225 win or lose
Why are you so angry? Were you denied a fight in the ufc or on the main card because of him?

He's not a fighter. Not only does he have no fighting talent, he has zero fighting heart. If he was a real fighter he'd start from the bottom, instead he uses his fame to be where he's now.

He has more professional fights than I do. How about you?

Why would a person start from there bottom when they don't have to? Honestly think about that

fighters should make more money

fighter makes money

He should of fought for next to nothing ......hes so fake

Lol I responded to the first 3 comments and was beginning to get discouraged. Good for you and others itt

His job is to increase PPV sales, the actual fighting is largely irrelevant.

That said, he seems like a decent guy so good luck to him, just sucks that he's taking a spot on the main card away from someone who is more deserving from a fighting, rather than an 'entertainment spectacle', perspective.

Another way of looking at it is that he's drawing more attention to the other people on the main card with him. Also, while its more distinguishing to be on the main card, more people see the prelims if they are on TV.

Back