CM Punk does NOT have "drive", "heart", or "courage".

No, he does have all those things. What he lacks, is the natural athleticism and talent to make those other qualities worth a damn.

Shit thread.

Facts are facts: the guy has courage and heart. Not even for his UFC fights, but for spending 4 years or whatever going to Roufus Sport and actually sticking it out.

Do you know how many times he got his ass handed to him in training? How many times his mind must have said (and rightfully so): WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE? And he pushed on. He made the walk. He got beat up and embarrassed. Took almost 2 year's worth of shit for it. Made the walk again. Got his ass kicked. Will take many years of shit for it.

The dude has heart and courage. Anyone who would even try to argue that is a moron.

The dude went hard for his dream. He failed, but such is life. Now he's being judged by a bunch of mouth breathers who couldn't summon the courage to talk to a woman lol

Wahhh wahhh

He's tough and 100% has heart, I've seen far better fighters turtle up and quit when they're tired and getting beat on

CM Punk is in your head.
ufc-225-cm-punk-vs-mike-jackson-jimmy-smith-preview_656812_opengraphimage-jpg.393903

\

Punk showed NONE of this. Even the most basic 101 stuff you pick up in your first 6 months. Pummeling, shrimping, basic defense off the bottom, balance. All nonexistent.

I've seen world champions do the same.

I still believe in the GOAT.

GOAT.jpg

Not a "troll" thread at all, it's a fact. Dudes on here talking about how much heart and courage punk had, when he didn't have the heart/courage to go to the gym regularly
<WellThere>
You made smart points the WWE fanboys here will defend his courage till death here, but cm punks a conman collecting a check. There's also that report of "his training" was going to the gym and rolling on matts with his wife. Between them and Dana love of this freakshow he forced us to endure this is the worst representation of ufc, "would you offer him a third fight?" Dana "I'm not sure if he wants a 3rd fight" so dana is still considering this shit if cm punk wants it. <6>

The whole "you must respect him" thing is definitely blown out of proportion. Leveraging the privilege of his WWF celebrity status, he was able to sidestep actuslly working and grinding his way to the UFC and simply segwayed himself into a lucrative payday against a couple of nobodies. They didnt force him to fight Hector Lombard or Cowboy Cerrone or someone else known for hospitalizing people via strikes.

Keep seeing rasslin fans saying how much of X-virtue Punk has, and it's just not true.

Anybody who had those qualities and had any serious interest in MMA would have been actually training the past 4 years instead of whatever Punk was doing. At 4 years of training, he should be a solid purple belt on the ground, have a strong grasp of fundamental wrestling technique, and a good Thai base (consistent guard, decent balance and footwork, etc).

Punk showed NONE of this. Even the most basic 101 stuff you pick up in your first 6 months. Pummeling, shrimping, basic defense off the bottom, balance. All nonexistent. And it isn't enough to say "well, he's just not talented". I've got 40+ year old men in my gym, who are overweight and have never been in a sport in their life, have these fundamentals down pat in a year, tops.

And Punk was a pro wrestler. No, it's not real fighting, but the guy was exercising every day and learning choreographed routines that required coordination. He just WASN'T TRAINING.

Too in love with the sound of your keyboard, but punk has heart courage, what he lacks is talent

My thread got moved and merged with another thread right away, which means a mod doesn’t like me so maybe it’s time to quit Sherdog!

The rest of threads like mine stayed here!

I wouldn't say he has "drive", but certainly "courage" since he was willing to step into a fucking cage and fight at a high level with no skills. Stupid courage.
I'd step in for a half mil too. That ain't courage.

My thread got moved and merged with another thread right away, which means a mod doesn’t like me so maybe it’s time to quit Sherdog!

chill-out-gif-4.gif

TS acts like all Brooks had to do was train on the ground and thus should have been a purple belt...except that, for starters, Brooks had to train ALL aspects of MMA, he had virtually zero background in ANY of the many disciplines that factor into the sport, and he wasn't even an above-average athlete.

He was in the UFC because of his name power and crossover appeal, not because he was likely to make some noise in his division, never mind being some prodigy who was going to surprise everyone in the cage.

also, 'heart', 'courage', and 'drive' are not necessarily linked with ability, skill, and achievement. you can completely suck at something for years and still display any or all of those qualities.

Skills/Ability and heart is completly different.

Lesnar is wayyyy more skilled than CM PUNK, but i honnestly believe Punk has more heart than Lesnar.

Heart isn't something you learn in the gym. Its the ability to never quit during a fight, to always keep doing your best. Lawler is an example of a fighter with a tons of heart.

I honnestly think CM Punk's biggest strenght was his heart, but unfortunatly, he didn't have anything else going for him.

<Waaah>

Keep seeing rasslin fans saying how much of X-virtue Punk has, and it's just not true.

Anybody who had those qualities and had any serious interest in MMA would have been actually training the past 4 years instead of whatever Punk was doing. At 4 years of training, he should be a solid purple belt on the ground, have a strong grasp of fundamental wrestling technique, and a good Thai base (consistent guard, decent balance and footwork, etc).

Punk showed NONE of this. Even the most basic 101 stuff you pick up in your first 6 months. Pummeling, shrimping, basic defense off the bottom, balance. All nonexistent. And it isn't enough to say "well, he's just not talented". I've got 40+ year old men in my gym, who are overweight and have never been in a sport in their life, have these fundamentals down pat in a year, tops.

And Punk was a pro wrestler. No, it's not real fighting, but the guy was exercising every day and learning choreographed routines that required coordination. He just WASN'T TRAINING.
I have a feeling he was training hard he's just very athletic. Even looking at his body type he was pretty flabby. Also he's no spring chicken either so he's not going to gain skills as quick. The Gall fight he was really unmatched and Jackson was wrestling and doing boxing matches for a while. I think Punk is just really un-athletic. Also you don't have a gym

Looking at clips from when he started training 4 years ago, it was obvious he's not an athlete. Slow, clumbsy and uncoordinated. Even if he wasn't used to the sport specific training you could tell he didn't have the foundation required to get decent at any sport.
UFC-225-CM-Punk-vs-Mike-Jackson-Jimmy-Smith-Preview_656812_OpenGraphImage.jpg

Being delusional is not being courageous. Also, that part-time photographer carried him. That's the only reason this floor mop lasted 3 rounds.

Back