CM Punk apparently wants one more in the UFC. Dana is considering.

Cm Punk is all man. You clowns wouldn't do what he's attempted.
I actually would. I would also love to be the guy to fight CM.

What i wouldnt do is pay my dues on my local circuit, probably getting my career ended before the veil of obscurity ever lifts, and for chump change.

But, to bypass all that, fight for decent money, and have the excuse that I was fighting at the highest level? Fuck ya. Big reward, low risk.

Cm Punk is all man. You clowns wouldn't do what he's attempted.

I would do that for 100x less than him. He got probably around 1 million for his fight with Badr Hari. I would fight in the ufc for 10k.

how is mike jackson not the only reasonable opponent for punk right now?

CM Punk should be fighting the winner of a "Fight CM Punk Contest"

Where are the Pride haters when we need them? Seriously, could the amateurs stay out of UFC cards please? This sport finally has the credibility it deserves, yet they put protein shake Ken and some former entertainer with zero fights (not even a real wrestling match) on PPV cards. And to those who say that CM punk has "balls" for doing that: getting 500k to step into the cage against a guy with 2 pro fights is not a bad payday. Guys who get paid 8K for a UFC fight have balls. CM Punk is an opportunist. Nothing wrong with being an opportunist, but don't tell me it's a ballsy move.

Good, match him up against a striker so he can get brutally KTFO then cry again afterwards..

tenor.gif

There was an opening to land a knee to Gall's face, if only . Looks like CM wanted to throw it, that or his rear leg started to slightly elevate

Yeah that's one thing you got to respect, guy has millions in the bank, set for life and decides to enter this hurt business, still has the courage to do it again after taking a pasting to.

Lol.

SO... If Dana gives CM Punk one more shot like it looks like unfortunately, I believe it should be against a guy that will likely engage him in stand up (hopefully)

2 options here I see:

1.) CM Punk vs Charlie Ward (Ward last lost at UFC fight night 99) would be the most realistic match IMO ...both 0-1 in the UFC

BUT..maybe to benefit Mr. Sage Northcutt...Sage could get back in the win column and regain his popularity a bit by fighting CM Punk. (assuming he wins) That fight would stay off the ground likely.

What do you think?

Lol.

There was an opening to land a knee to Gall's face, if only . Looks like CM wanted to throw it, that or his rear leg started to slightly elevate
sadly he'd already committed to that punch and ran straight into Gall's arms.

the way he doubled over was as amateur as it gets :)

I do see what you're talking about. An experienced fighter might've thrown that knee and just feigned with the punch, but that didn't go so well for Cat Zingano.

He can box a kangaroo on the Facebook prelims. Otherwise No.

SO... If Dana gives CM Punk one more shot like it looks like unfortunately, I believe it should be against a guy that will likely engage him in stand up (hopefully)

2 options here I see:

1.) CM Punk vs Charlie Ward (Ward last lost at UFC fight night 99) would be the most realistic match IMO ...both 0-1 in the UFC

BUT..maybe to benefit Mr. Sage Northcutt...Sage could get back in the win column and regain his popularity a bit by fighting CM Punk. (assuming he wins) That fight would stay off the ground likely.

What do you think?

Another opportunity sounds fine in my opinion. I would watch CM Punk fight again and/or stand opposite of him in the octagon.

great news i might start watching mma again if CM gets another fight

I would do that for 100x less than him. He got probably around 1 million for his fight with Badr Hari. I would fight in the ufc for 10k.
BO finger
The stench will linger
2 knuckles deep
That talk is cheap
You don't want you eggs scrambled
You can't unscramble eggs
bork1}

sending out the Ettish bat-signal

which is sort of a protracted, gurgling squawk

Give him a tall, natural Lightweight fighter.

Being knocked out by a head kick for 1/15th of your current net worth is not worth it. Forget 500,000. We're not talking 500,000. We're talking 1/15th of his net worth.

Whatever you have in the bank, divide by 15 and let jds wheel kick your face off. You still interested?
500k is 500k, whether you have a lot of money or not. I'd do it for 500k, which is more than 1/15 of my net worth or 100k, which is less, because that's still a lot of money. It would be the easiest 100k I ever made, knockout or not.

As for Punk, well, none of us know what his real motivation is. I can only speak for myself. If you would make a different choice, I can respect that.

Wouldn't be surprised. Dana would piss in Joe Rogan's mouth on PPV if he thought it would sell

Back