Cm pumk fight on ppv to increase the numbers...

frontkick1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Who still thinks it was a good move by ufc ? Would you like to see him fight again ?

it was one of the worst things ive ever seen in life.

I hate, and have always hated, blatant money grabs due to popularity in some other completely unrelated field. Doesn't happen as much in the UFC as it did in say Pride or smaller shows that just need something to promote...but CM Punk fighting in the UFC twice might be the most egregious example of it.

Would you like to see him fight again ?

tenor.gif

I watch fights all the time. I am not buying a card with him on it. Honestly, putting CM punk on the PPV chunk was a terrible and a terrible look for the UFC. The only reason they continue to have a stranglehold on MMA is because of the near Monopoly.

Plus, the only good bit of marketing they have done is weaponize the ignorance of casual fight fans who think UFC is the name of the sport.

No other reason he is in the UFC then for the money they can make... Dude looked awful.

i'd like to see him fight again.
third times the charm!

I rember guys on the forum explaining how good it was for ufc'sexposure and other fighters salaries,this and that..
what do they say now ?

I understand the idea but to be honest I didn't think it worked.

1) Punk had already fought, so nothing new there to see.

2) His opponent was as lame as him, so nobody expect anything good from the fight.

3) The card was solid enough to make good numbers.

Unless they come back with something like 700-800k PPVs, I think his effect was zero.

He has a submission loss, a UD loss.

We need the TKO loss to complete the trifecta so yes I would like to see him fight again.

He fought a panic wrestler and a runner. Put him against BJ Penn or Thiago Alves and I will pay to see him again. <{JustBleed}>

It was a horrible move. It stinks of desperation. One of the most stacked cards of the year, with 2 title fights. And they need some washed up, unathletic former WWE star to sell PPVs???

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

6JFvU6z0_400x400.png

I hate, and have always hated, blatant money grabs due to popularity in some other completely unrelated field. Doesn't happen as much in the UFC as it did in say Pride or smaller shows that just need something to promote...but CM Punk fighting in the UFC twice might be the most egregious example of it.

In the end, it is, always has, and always will be about money, nothing else matters.

<{CMPALM}>Not even CM Punk, wants to watch CM Punk fight again.

I'd watch CM Punk fight again(illegally). Hopefully against a killer.

Just another nail in the coffin of UFC's downfall over the past few years. He should have spot in Overeems spot. Final fight before the PPV started.

i'd like to see him fight again.
third times the charm!
no matter how bad he is.... he gets alot of people talking about him .... just look at all the hate
threads ...
UFC's gotta make money, and they pay to see punk....
The UFC is not an olympic sport just for the purists, it's part entertainment..
otherwise we would not have all the different weight champs, it would just be
1 champ... but having like 5 champs in different weight classes brings in more drama
and money...

Back