Closed Stores - Ghost Malls & The Like...Nostalgia

95966870898d0562f77fd74ce9bef7e1--discovery-channel-store.jpg

This is one I miss. You could spend hours in there messing around with fun stuff.

Remember this one? Possibly my second favorite as a kid

NATURALWONDERS-hayashida-architects-620x380.jpg

I will only ever go to South Coast Plaza. Don't think I've ever stepped in another mall in the past 15 years. Most are just crap.

I go there and the spectrum

Recently one of my friends tried to talk me into going to main place mall...
<DisgustingHHH>

lmao @ westminster mall being nice. didn't they put carpet in it? it's perfect for poor people though

Lol my bad i was thinking about the one in wesr covina the Westfield plaza mall in west covina, that mall is nice, i never been to the westminster, ca mall before, i was thinking of westfield.

the del amo mall is dieing that place used to be like its own city.

it was so packed and now about 40% of the stores are closed parking lots are half empty lots of bums hanging around because there is less security.

the only positive is less traffic on carson st and on Hawthorne blvd

lmao @ westminster mall being nice. didn't they put carpet in it? it's perfect for poor people though
lol at anything in Westminster being nice I used to go there for all sorts of black market things. our boxing gym there had a bullet hole. it is also next to stanton

Westminster mall is still nice, cerritos as well, Lakewood mall is okay but sometimes they attract the ghetto types and cholos, i think indoor malls peaked around 2008, after that they started losing out to internet retailers.
I like cerritos because the theater there serves beer. the only reason I go to lakewood is mongolian food.

Outdoor shopping centers or strip malls are coming back, but those indoor malls are turning into ghetto swap meets around here i remember a mall i used to go to as a kid and recently passing by it was filled with mostly mexican immigrants and banda and corrido music. I didnt see any white people or blacks.
lol you seem to have a disdain for Mexicans you mention it in several threads in a condescending tone.

I agree that the outdoor malls is the future the long beach town center seems to do better than the malls here.

The malls around Pittsburgh all seem to be doing fine except for two, Century III Mall and the Pittsburgh Mills. Century III is in pretty bad shape, and I don't think any renovations have been done since it opened in the late 70s, or at least that's how it appears. Probably only a third of it has shops in it, and the rest looks like an abandoned wasteland.

lol at anything in Westminster being nice I used to go there for all sorts of black market things. our boxing gym there had a bullet hole. it is also next to stanton
But they got some hot Viet chicks there, right?

lol you seem to have a disdain for Mexicans you mention it in several threads in a condescending tone.

I agree that the outdoor malls is the future the long beach town center seems to do better than the malls here.

Its not disdain

The property value of those places drops badly when its mostly Mexican immigrants and they are selling elotes on the street and dont have a license and playing banda and corrido music man. it looks like TJ

Maybe its a cultural thing, but mostly Mexican areas are filthy here in So cal, compared to say the Japanese areas who are also Ethnic they are clean, like little tokyo is so clean compared to the Mexican parts of downtown.

This is how streets look like in mostly Mexican neighborhoods in so cal I have no clue why the streets are so dirty like this and usually filled with vendors selling on the sidewalks and people throwing their garbage on the floor.
article-0-0C8C74B800000578-54_468x318.jpg

now compare that to little Tokyo in Downtown LA.
little-tokyo-los-angeles.jpg

Little%20Tokyo%20--%20old%20shops%20on%20the%20right-thumb-600x448-78430.jpg

Little-Tokyo-Steve-Bott.jpg

IMG_4412.jpg

the del amo mall is dieing that place used to be like its own city.

it was so packed and now about 40% of the stores are closed parking lots are half empty lots of bums hanging around because there is less security.

the only positive is less traffic on carson st and on Hawthorne blvd

Really? I thought everything passed the food court was Poppin? I know that side where like "aahs" and crap were is like a ghost town. I know they brought a lot of night life spots to that outdoor promenade and the stores passed the food court.

Also, I would kill for some Mongolian food. That Genghis Khan still open there in the food court?

Really? I thought everything passed the food court was Poppin? I know that side where like "aahs" and crap were is like a ghost town. I know they brought a lot of night life spots to that outdoor promenade and the stores passed the food court.

Also, I would kill for some Mongolian food. That Genghis Khan still open there in the food court?
I buy mongolian food in lakewood mall never bought it in del amo mall.

del amo mall is definitely dieing there are at least 20 empty stores.

the parking lot is a lot emptier even in 2013 that giant parking lot would be packed 7 days a week now you can find a ton of parking.

the only thing that seems to be getting better is the theater because they added that dolby digital remodeling with recliner seats. I think the del amo mall going out of business is the true death knell for malls in L.A.

They can take these malls, and change zoning to residential, and put up some apartments, or townhouses, and drive prices down for some areas like NYC metro, and SoCal.

Now who wants to build that? I guess gubment needs to offer incentives like tax break. Or you can break up the lot into smaller pieces, and try to auction off to first time or small time owners only. Some nobody trying to get into real estate business may want to take crack at it.

This is what the internet is doing to society

I know right.I don't know if you ment that in a good or bad way. I know being in a crowded area can be stressful but I also enjoyed the lively and festive atmosphere, especially around the holidays. I think outdoor malls are the future especially if they are next to attractive scenery. I recently saw ads for a new outdoor mall in fort tejon , which is strange since it is two hours away from were I live

They can take these malls, and change zoning to residential, and put up some apartments, or townhouses, and drive prices down for some areas like NYC metro, and SoCal.

Now who wants to build that? I guess gubment needs to offer incentives like tax break. Or you can break up the lot into smaller pieces, and try to auction off to first time or small time owners only. Some nobody trying to get into real estate business may want to take crack at it.

Why not use the building and turn shops into apartments?

I like this thread, i've been into 70s grocery store music lately

Why not use the building and turn shops into apartments?

I dont think the layout will be best/maximized use of space for residential. Well, they can probably keep the structure, and just do work inside.

Back