Closed Stores - Ghost Malls & The Like...Nostalgia

The mall in my town is heading this way. Over half of the stores are now closed and walled off. The big middle section where there used to be a fountain and the focal point is completely dead.

Yep mall in my area is like that to. When I was a kid (about 13 years ago) it was a normal mall with just a few places closed up. Eventually pretty much everything closed except for Sears and Cinemark. The cinemark is great can watch brand new movies for $3 before 5:30pm.

The other mall which is close by (about ten minutes) is massive and they just added another huge section full of restaurants and other things next to. Shit is so packed all the time I don't see how anyone enjoys going there.

I really dont understand it... there are a ton of fast food chicken places around here. Seems like they would be killing it in this market.

My hate for malls is more than my love for Chick-fil-a. Needless to say, I have only been to that location twice in the last 4 years. Thankfully, there is one a few blocks from my parents house back home. I visit them twice a year, and each visit go to chick-fil-a at least three times.

Yup. I am pretty sure there is one in Miami Springs or Miami Lakes (I get the confused), but I live in the Grove area, and that drive is far as fuck. Even Dadeland is annoying as hell to get to with these terrible drivers.
There's one by FIU but that would be an even further drive

Westminster mall is still nice, cerritos as well, Lakewood mall is okay but sometimes they attract the ghetto types and cholos, i think indoor malls peaked around 2008, after that they started losing out to internet retailers.
lmao @ westminster mall being nice. didn't they put carpet in it? it's perfect for poor people though

These malls should be repurposed immediately.
We're going to need more prisons with the collapsing economy.

Lol at the fake Orange County try hards chiming in:
Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Maybe it's just my location but I doubt malls will ever go out of style.

if you can buy everything online, and it's a lot more relaxing and appealing to meet up with people at a cafe or park, there is absolutely no reason for there to be malls.

Is it all due to Amazon?

Local mall by my house got raised, but stores will be back. It will be an outdoor courtyard type of establishment.

I suspect Walmart, Amazon and other E-commerce combined with the high prices that malls once charged for rent that caused the store prices to be high caused many problems. Another is the cost of keeping the Malls going. When they reach a certain age, things like replacing the roof or problems with plumbing can get very expensive.

Westminster mall is still nice, cerritos as well, Lakewood mall is okay but sometimes they attract the ghetto types and cholos, i think indoor malls peaked around 2008, after that they started losing out to internet retailers.

Dude, the Lakewood mall is ghetto as hell. The last time I was in there was maybe close to 6 years ago, so it's possible it's cleaned up since, but I doubt it lol.

lmao @ westminster mall being nice. didn't they put carpet in it? it's perfect for poor people though
Surprised you didn't call out the Lakewood mall. It's possible that it's just too ghetto for you to have ever visited. That mall is ghetto as all hell, though lol.

There's one by FIU but that would be an even further drive
Buns, Miami is huge fucking city, how are there no Chick-fil-a's lol. I live in BFE and theres 2 within 10 miles from me.

The Mall in my current town is still a nice hangout spot for quite a few people.

On the contrary, the mall back home in Torrance, California is expanding and thriving lol. That mall must've grown like 3x since I left.

Is that the Del Amo Mall or is it falling into disarray?

Surprised you didn't call out the Lakewood mall. It's possible that it's just too ghetto for you to have ever visited. That mall is ghetto as all hell, though lol.
lmao. Yup too ghetto to have ever visited.

Is that the Del Amo Mall or is it falling into disarray?
It's Del Amo. There's a portion of its that's dead (at least it was), but they have a huge promenade with a Pinks hot dog and a bunch of other shit. It was a huge overhaul apparently.

95966870898d0562f77fd74ce9bef7e1--discovery-channel-store.jpg

This is one I miss. You could spend hours in there messing around with fun stuff.

Back