Close Encounters of the Third Kind to return to theaters for 40th anniversary

G

Guestx

As per /Film:

This year marks the 40th anniversary of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, the first time Steven Spielberg tinkered with the idea of life from another planet coming to Earth. To celebrate, the sci-fi classic is coming back to theaters.

Following a cryptic teaser not too long ago, Columbia Pictures has officially announced the return of Close Encounters of the Third Kind in theaters in September, and they’ve debuted an ominous trailer to tease the film’s return.

Both this and THE ABYSS are slated to get 4K home releases this year. #excite

Out in LA there are tons of movie theaters that play these old movies like this, Egyptian Theatre is one of the main ones

They got Top Gun,Jaws and Good bad Ugly all playing this month.

What I;m trying to say pretty much is its really awesome watching old movies in a movie theater

Out in LA there are tons of movie theaters that play these old movies like this, Egyptian Theatre is one of the main ones

What I;m trying to say pretty much is its really awesome watching old movies in a movie theater

We have a theater here called Brewvies (you can take pitchers of beer in with you) where they occasionally run old movies. I saw The Last Dragon there a few years ago.

Since we're talking about Close Encounters though, I actually attended an outdoor screening summer before last. That was fun.

Only encounters of the ________ kind that matters:

closeencountersofthespogn8.jpg

Damn, really?! I'm not gonna make it to LA until the end of October. I wonder if JAWS and Top Gun will still be playing then? I'd love to see those on the big screen!

Damn, really?! I'm not gonna make it to LA until the end of October. I wonder if JAWS and Top Gun will still be playing then? I'd love to see those on the big screen!

They usually switch it up monthly

http://www.americancinemathequecalendar.com/calendar/2017-07

Check that calendar out. Its not up to October yet but it will give you an idea of how it works over there.

For example next month they are going to be having E.T, The Thing. Dark Crystal,Hook, Back to the future, Last Action hero

Back