"clean up" lead UC - who's the king? video......

ssullivan80

see....what had happened was
@Brown
Reaction score
Recently I have been working a lot on the "clean up" lead uc and generally, throwing that lead UC as a power punch. During a discussion at the gym we argued over who had the best lead UC, it was pretty difficult to find guys who consistently ended fights with that punch (Ingle fighters aside). Particularly against a fighter with the same stance vs opposite (Judah, Devon Alexander vs. orth guys). Either way, the guy that came to mind for me was Matthew Saad Muhamad, who IMO threw one of the best "clean up" lead UC's.

If ya have any examples to share, please do. Either fighters with great lead UC's, or good examples of fight ending lead UC's.

(the second clip may be the most brutal lead UC i can recall, ever!)

a few other great examples I found. Love the Spinks Ko of Johnson

another orth guy that had a great lead UC

3 words.

Juan Manuel Marquez. He's popped even Pacquiao's head back with a number of left uppercuts.

3 words.

Juan Manuel Marquez. He's popped even Pacquiao's head back with a number of left uppercuts.

Yep, that's right. He finished Diaz with a lead UC too, if I recall. His UC's are definitely as pretty as they come. They seem to get him in some trouble sometimes though, as he doesn't shift back to his rear leg sometimes (Kats).

Yep, that's right. He finished Diaz with a lead UC too, if I recall. His UC's are definitely as pretty as they come. They seem to get him in some trouble sometimes though, as he doesn't shift back to his rear leg sometimes (Kats).

Yes indeed. That's that old front-foot heaviness thing that haunts him there. If he misses the uppercut he's not in very good position.

Yes indeed. That's that old front-foot heaviness thing that haunts him there. If he misses the uppercut he's not in very good position.

Seems a reoccurring issue with many great Mexican fighters (front foot heavy), which is strange given they tend to be come forward, offensively aggressive fighters that throw lot's of jabs. Jmm is brilliant when the other guy goes to him, but get's in trouble when he has to come forward. That a bi-product of their ammy roots?

Nah. I'm not exactly sure WHY it happens. But both of Nacho's greatest fighters, Lopez and Marquez, had the exact same issue. Head would often float over the front foot for too long.

Back