Clean fighters want 4 years for Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. USADA win credibility

OK, you have me confused with someone else I guess (I never brought up "1/2 the roster" nor did I say that the "number will go up because they needed time to develop an APB". I did quote WADA's assertion that the use of the ABP results in an increase in violations.

As for how much time is necessary for the ABP to become reliably accurate, I purposely did not give a time frame or other quantifier because frankly I don't know (I'm sure @dimspace could tell us).

It does stand to logic that it takes multiple tests to form the baseline data and that the more data points available the more accurate it becomes. As for your assertion that 3 tests is enough, again I don't KNOW but I would've thought it'd take more than 3 (8-10 sounds more reasonable/reliable to me, with a variety of in/out of competition and pre-post weigh-ins, but I'm no Dimspace).

When you say "fluctuation isn't supposed to be that dramatic in healthy males" I lean towards disagreeing with that statement, but it's vague enough that maybe I'd agree with more info. My biggest problem with that assertion is that fighters are not just healthy males and that weight cutting alone could play havoc with some of the testing data. But in any case, I'm just glad that USADA is doing the Biological Passport and while it certainly won't catch every cheater (or even most) it's certainly a very good tool in their toolbox.

How longs a piece of string?

It could take three samples it could take 300 samples. It's all about fluctuations, that's what causes the alsrm

For instance ,an athlete could be dirty for five years and never trigger the passport because their levels remain constant.

Then the stop doing for whatever reason.. That causes the flag.

Romain Kreuziger us a good example. Doped for years, went clean one spring, that caused his prior data to be flagged (he eventually got off mind you)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back