Claudia should have been spared

Omega Man

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
the beating she was getting in the the third. Ref should have stopped that shit way before the bell!

Corner should've thrown the towel.

That has only happened once in MMA and it didn't even matter at that point:
s5PT8r.gif

as stupid as this may sound, i think that certain fighters insist on not allowing a fight to be stopped by having the towel thrown in, because they want to be able to say that they never quit in a fight. yes, i completely understand the idea of sparing the fighter from unnecessary damage. and it's a valid point. but it's also as valid to allow a fighter to have that internal satisfaction that they never quit in a fight. in the end, we all die. and for some, having the satisfaction of never quitting is worth whatever damage is sustained.

Corner should've thrown the towel. Ref not stopping it was fine as she was still defending herself intelligently.

I didn't see much intelligent defense on her part. Just Claudia getting smashed repeatedly. It was hard to watch.

I'm surprised this isn't more of a thing, Claudia was done in that last round and took a terrible beating for no purpose ....... a lot of guys would have tapped.

the beating she was getting in the the third. Ref should have stopped that shit way before the bell!

Why didn't her corner stop it? Why is it only on the ref? She wasn't out, she was still trying to defend herself. That shit is on her corner, not the ref.

Throwing in towels rule is stupid. The ref is responsible of stopping a fight if I one fighter is out of it

Why didn't her corner stop it? Why is it only on the ref? She wasn't out, she was still trying to defend herself. That shit is on her corner, not the ref.
Yeah but corner's tend to shy away from throwing in the towel. Maybe they feel its a pussy thing it do.

Back