Claudia Gadelha vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz set for UFC 212 (Poll)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd like to see Claudia trust her hands more since her boxing has become pretty good and it will save her energy for later rounds to seal the fight with takedowns if need be.

Nothing to argue. It went to the judges and JJ got the W. Don't like the result? Don't let it go to the judges.

I'm not saying I disagree with the result (I'm a JJ fan) but it could very, very easily have gone the other way.

I like this fight, but I don't like where it's happening and really wished that Karolina was not fighting in Brazil which greatly favors Claudia imo. I don't know if the Brazilian commission will be honoring the revised Unified Rules for ref'ing/judging, which wouldn't favor Gadelha's style since TD's without advancing position, sub attempts, or gnp no longer scores, unless there is nothing else in a round to judge.

The revised Unified Rules would give KK a better chance at winning a UD in a 3 round fight. That said, I do think that Claudia has better technical striking/boxing than KK. When it comes to striking KK has footwork, pace, volume, and a decent clinch game, but lacks head movement, set ups, and finessed entries/exits. Karolina is crafty, tough, and has good defensive grappling though, but I would still have to favor Claudia, most especially since this fight is happening in Brazil.

It doesn't make sense for each of them to rematch Joanna this soon. It's almost like they're looking for challengers for Andrade.

Anyways, Gadelha 30-27 or Gadelha by GnP late in the fight.

Greeeeeat fight. Needs five rounds...will be fun. Will be a tough one for KK but who knows.

Gadelha UD

Karolina Kowalkiewicz by tko

Karolina is sexier, but she's too small for the weight class. At least when fighting someone of Gadelha's caliber.

One things for sure, i'll watch the weigh ins.

I like this fight, but I don't like where it's happening and really wished that Karolina was not fighting in Brazil which greatly favors Claudia imo. I don't know if the Brazilian commission will be honoring the revised Unified Rules for ref'ing/judging, which wouldn't favor Gadelha's style since TD's without advancing position, sub attempts, or gnp no longer scores, unless there is nothing else in a round to judge.

The revised Unified Rules would give KK a better chance at winning a UD in a 3 round fight. That said, I do think that Claudia has better technical striking/boxing than KK. When it comes to striking KK has footwork, pace, volume, and a decent clinch game, but lacks head movement, set ups, and finessed entries/exits. Karolina is crafty, tough, and has good defensive grappling though, but I would still have to favor Claudia, most especially since this fight is happening in Brazil.

You mean like how she got away with a blatant soccer kick and things like that? I confess, I laughed.

:)

(hey, I cut my teeth on Vale Tudo pre-UFC, I am old)

Shit thread. Too much homo with no pics

winner is clear #2, unless Andrade pulls of the upset.
can't count out KK but think Claudia grapples her way to victory

Back