Classmates petition white house for military burial

021818PETERWANG.png

This is what a REAL martyr looks like. Someone who courageously saves lives instead of taking lives like a coward.

Rest Well.

If you die, while a cadet... in uniform, performing a brave and heroic act - you should be recognized for your deeds.

I know you guys have a tendency to hate American heroes and patriots, but this kid died a hero, and deserves to be buried with full honors.

How can you be against this?
your blind hatred for liberals got you so twisted up that you're seeing arguments where none exist. Seek help.

Because he pointed?

The word "pointing" was a typo in the original article, the correct word was holding. He was shot to death while holding the door open so that other kids could run through it. He put himself in harms way to make sure other people could escape. That is the definition of a hero.

Air Force vet, 11 years. Give it to him. He died serving others, selflessly in the face of the enemy, while wearing the uniform of his nation. He was a member in good standing in an organization that receives funding, instruction, and guidance, from the federal government and department of defense. He upheld the best and highest traditions of military service and citizenship. The Core Values of my branch are
Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence in all you do.
he checks out.

He was not in the military, so no. It's no disrespect, but that's just not how it works. I'm 100% for giving this kid a send-off he deserves though. Bring plenty of LEO's and military too. Have the JRTOC Honor Guard perform the ceremony.

No disrespect intended, but if a someone who served in the military but never saw combat and died in an accident could be buried with military honours - why not this kid?

whatever they do there should be zero cameras.

nobody better try to use this kid's death for a fucking photo op.

I dont' see a problem with this.

The guy died saving people in our country in a uniform that represents a future military personnel. Died upholding our important principles.

Because they were in the military and this young man was not?

No disrespect intended, but if a someone who served in the military but never saw combat and died in an accident could be buried with military honours - why not this kid?

Because they were in the military and this young man was not?

He was a member of an Federal program sponsored by the Military. No one can know if he would have gone on to serve in the Military, but had he chosen to do so, the courage and selflessness he displayed indicates he probably would have been a good soldier.

Yes, he wasn't a serving Soldier, Marine or Airman. But are you really saying someone who joins up, never hears a shot fired in anger and dies in a tragic accident deserves a military funeral, but this kid doesn't? The kid wasn't under orders to hold a position. He had minimal training, no experience of combat and no way to defend himself. He still held open a door and let other kids escape, when he could have ran for his life. And no one would have blamed him.

Refusing to bury they kid with military honours because he was killed before he even had a chance to serve is just pettiness.

Because he pointed?

According to first hand accounts, he held the door open for escaping students.

Seems small, but in the face of a maniac with an automatic rifle, not running for your life and staying behind to offer even the smallest bit of aid, is courageous as shit.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. He still wasn’t in the military. Anything further than that is speculation. Now if they decided to give him a funeral emulating military honors, I’m not gonna be upset at all. Just my opinion.

Give him a funeral conducted by the JROTC honor guard. Military honors are for those who have served in the military and heads of state. Nothing more, nothing less. And yes, I am an Army vet.

He was a member of an Federal program sponsored by the Military. No one can know if he would have gone on to serve in the Military, but had he chosen to do so, the courage and selflessness he displayed indicates he probably would have been a good soldier.

Yes, he wasn't a serving Soldier, Marine or Airman. But are you really saying someone who joins up, never hears a shot fired in anger and dies in a tragic accident deserves a military funeral, but this kid doesn't? The kid wasn't under orders to hold a position. He had minimal training, no experience of combat and no way to defend himself. He still held open a door and let other kids escape, when he could have ran for his life. And no one would have blamed him.

Refusing to bury they kid with military honours because he was killed before he even had a chance to serve is just pettiness.

I can see both sides of the coin, either way as long as they are recognized

I can see both sides of the coin, either way as long as they are recognized

I'm still in the "Yes" column for him getting an Honor Guard at his funeral, but I'm still glad they're getting some official recognition.

The Army Is Officially Honoring Three Slain JROTC Cadets For Their Heroism During The Florida Shooting

https://taskandpurpose.com/army-jro...ocial&utm_campaign=share&utm_content=tp-share

This is great news. I think that is a meaningful gesture, and I'm really glad that this was not overlooked.

They are also giving Peter Wang an honorary acceptance into West Point class of 2025 since that was his dream.

They are expecting a "sizable military presence" at his funeral.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. He still wasn’t in the military. Anything further than that is speculation. Now if they decided to give him a funeral emulating military honors, I’m not gonna be upset at all. Just my opinion.

Give him a funeral conducted by the JROTC honor guard. Military honors are for those who have served in the military and heads of state. Nothing more, nothing less. And yes, I am an Army vet.

I disagree. Particularly about giving funerals with full military honours to heads of state. That would included Trump himself, who dodged the draft for Vietnam. This kid showed more personal courage than The Donald has ever done.

Still, to each their own. And thank you for your service.

Full honors.

Of course all of the liberals will be against it though.

Are you sure about that? I consider myself a liberal, and I think he sacrificed his life to save others, the exacting standard in which the military holds itself.

Why have a Hitchens av if you seem to harshly dislike liberals?

Florida Guard sent an honor guard contingent per Gov Scott. Army awarded him a JROTC heroism medal and he was posthumously admitted to West Point.

Buried in his uniform with his medal on his chest.

Sad but honoring.

Doesn’t matter what my or your opinion is. The military doesn’t care about opinion it cares about regulations. That’s the regulation so that’s the way it is.

I disagree. Particularly about giving funerals with full military honours to heads of state. That would included Trump himself, who dodged the draft for Vietnam. This kid showed more personal courage than The Donald has ever done.

Still, to each their own. And thank you for your service.

Back