Classmates petition white house for military burial

Fully support this as well...

This kid had balls...and the courage to do something 99 percent of us here wouldn't

Speaking of heroes in this incident (praying that he will recover)

parkland.jpg

Anthony Borges, 15, hailed as hero of Florida school shooting
Boy was shot five times as he shielded fellow students in Parkland classroom

Fellow student Carlos Rodriguez told ABC that he and more than a dozen other students owed their lives to Borges’ heroism.

Borges was among about 20 students who sought refuge in a classroom as the gunman stalked the corridors of the school, shooting randomly at fleeing students with an automatic rifle.

As he hurried to lock the door, the gunman opened fire, Rodriguez said. Despite being wounded, the boy held his ground and continued to lock the door.
http://www.theweek.co.uk/91743/anthony-borges-15-hailed-as-hero-of-florida-school-shooting

No.

I'm sorry. I'm even OK with something special in recognition but a military ceremony should be exclusive to the military. Its special recognition for military service.

hello Seano,

i pretty much agree with you fully.

it will open the gates for all sorts of folks to make the claim that their heroic sacrifice merits a military burial for this reason or that. there are things, though, that ya gotta be in the military to receive.

i don't want to sound heartless, but we're not going to consider this boy for a Congressional Medal of Honor, are we? or a Silver Star?

that being said, if several busloads of uniformed members of military show up to pay their solemn respects, and the parents of Peter receive a box packed full of coins and patches from veterans of our armed services...i think that would be completely tremendous.

sad that this kid is dead. sad that the other 16 are dead, too.

- IGIT

Last edited:
I think if Trump agrees to stand with the boy's parents in front of his casket with a big smile and giving a thumbs up it will be honor enough.

You're muddying the waters...

By providing the definition of the word that I used and that you got offended by?

Here, I'll do the work for you:

Essentially, fetishism is the emic attribution of inherent value or powers to an object.
[...]
The 19th century saw the introduction of two theories of fetishism outside what was typically considered religion. The first was Karl Marx's idea of commodity fetishism, in which the social relationships involved in production are experienced not as relationships among people, but as value-relationships between things (commodities - including labour - and money). The second was Alfred Binet's term sexual fetishism, the sexual attachment to an object in place of a person.

You will never repair your image in my eyes, scum.

So, in short:

Me: uses a word
You: gets mad at the word, apparently not understanding it
Me: provides a definition of the word
You: IT'S MY FEELINGS THAT MATTER. SCUMMMMM.

You're a fucking moron. And I'm truly happy not to be held in high esteem by someone that constantly shows their ass on not understanding issues and concepts and then gets mad and throws a hissy fit when people call it out, instead of just learning like an adult.

I was in the military. I'd absolutely be good with this. In fact, I'd bet there would be a big turn out of military / vets to honor the young man. Kid is a hero.

So, in short:

Me: uses a word
You: gets mad at the word, apparently not understanding it
Me: provides a definition of the word
You: IT'S MY FEELINGS THAT MATTER. SCUMMMMM.

You're a fucking moron. And I'm truly happy not to be held in high esteem by someone that constantly shows their ass on not understanding issues and concepts and then gets mad and throws a hissy fit when people call it out, instead of just learning like an adult.

You're a liar void of integrity.

He doesn't get a full miltary burial because he was not in the miltary.

That doesn't mean he can't be honored by the military if the family wants.

Back