Classical instrument covers of modern songs and electric versions of those instruments

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Metallica likes to perform with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra, but I think they wasted the orchestra. The orchestra only plays a few notes, and dont carry the rhythm

They dont carry the sound. I believe an orchestra can play along with the guitar and bass. I think the electrical orchestral instruments have some potential for this.

I have this idea of using heavy metal music genres for a stage musical or rock opera. The genre usually has many existential topics in its lyrics. Bands like Manowar, Sabaton, Megadeth even, etc, etc have lyrical content that can be used in a story. Actually power metal probably fit best for staged plays

Both The Who, and Green Day have their own rock operas out there featuring their music, but I am talking about heavier genres like Amon Amarth who sing about vikings all the time. I am sure they can make a musical about vikings sometime soon.

Electric Violins can be pretty "raw"

Have you come across Apocalyptica, yet?

As you say, Sabaton et al's music would make for some epic operatic moments. Iron Maiden's work could be good, too.

Have you come across Apocalyptica, yet?

As you say, Sabaton et al's music would make for some epic operatic moments. Iron Maiden's work could be good, too.

yes I have heard of them. Are they using electric cellos?

Scorpions did an album of classics and a cover with theBerlin Phelarmonic Orchestra back in 2000, plus a small tour to go with it too

Scorpions did an album of classics and a cover with theBerlin Phelarmonic Orchestra back in 2000, plus a small tour to go with it too

I have heard this one. I think they should follow the guitar more like this

Last edited:
Back