Classic post-fight drama at UFC 51 with Tito, Chuck and Shamrock

Typrune Goatley

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This is from UFC 51 in 2005 right after the Tito and Vitor fight concluded.

So much gold in this video.

This was the same night Chuck gave us this great moment:

tenor.gif

- Ricco looks funny in this video too.

- Tito is as arrogant as ever until Chuck steps into the octagon

- this was the era of Randy, Chuck, Tito and Vitor all battling for UFC LHW supremacy

- Shammy raging and calling out Tito for another money fight but of course that is who Tito wanted to fight more than anyone.

- Vintage Goldie, Rogan, and Randy on the mic

Pretty funny scene. Anything else you notice in the video?

Last edited:
The DC, Jones, Gus, AJ of a different era :D

Tito was so obnoxious that his trash talk wasn't even good,you just wanted someone to knock him out just by his voice alone.

tenor.gif

- this was the era of Randy, Chuck, Tito and Vitor all battling for UFC LHW supremacy

- Shammy raging and calling out Tito for another money fight but of course that is who Tito wanted to fight more than anyone.

Yeah, reference to none other than Evan Tanner right at the end.

Why oh why couldn't Ken Shamrock have won that fight with Tito? I've been watching since UFC 1 and I remember when Shamrock had such an aura. He truly seemed like the baddest man on the planet. It was hard for me to wrap my head around punk ass Tito handling him the way he did, both times. I still don't know how he pulled off beating Vitor Belfort either.

I ordered the Cote fight and remember being super disappointed. The fight sucked and the Canadian lost. I avoided buying this PPV and heavily regretted since. Several terrible decisions in a row.

This ending is just wacky, it's WWE stuff, and it's great. Ken cracks me up, and watching Tito's confidence drop when Chuck is around, and pop back up when Ken is talking is also funny. Tito obviously knows Chuck is the better fighter and he can't hide it.

Tito was the McGregor of late 90’s to mid 2000.

Always WAR TITO!!!!!!1

LHW was so interesting back then. The Chuck, Randy, Vitor, Tito matchups were awesome. They all managed to cancel each other out somehow. And factoring in PRIDE's division with Wand, Shogun, Hendo and Rampage made it all even more interesting.

It's crazy how much the LHW division has fallen off since those days

"I'm here in the octagon fighting for the freedom of mixed martial arts" <{Joewithit}>

Why oh why couldn't Ken Shamrock have won that fight with Tito? I've been watching since UFC 1 and I remember when Shamrock had such an aura. He truly seemed like the baddest man on the planet. It was hard for me to wrap my head around punk ass Tito handling him the way he did, both times. I still don't know how he pulled off beating Vitor Belfort either.

Both times??? You mean Tito handled him 3 TIMES actually.....People can say what they want about him, but Tito had a great chin...that's why he was able to best Vitor, and handle Wanderlei the way he did as well. If he had any sort of stand-up what so ever, Tito could have even accomplished much more.

Still cracked me up that Tito was intimidated so much by Chuck in this moment.....considering Chuck was so drunk at that event, he barely could walk without assistance.

Still cracked me up that Tito was intimidated so much by Chuck in this moment.....considering Chuck was so drunk at that event, he barely could walk without assistance.

I think Chuck might've hit a little nose candy, too. Hey, it's Vegas baby!

It was very hard for me to accept as well. I remember ordering UFC 40 with a bunch of friends and we were all so depressed to see Tito turn Ken's face purple.

The fact is Tito was much younger and was a great wrestler. Maybe if they fought at Heavyweight Ken could have stopped his takedowns. Ken could not sweep or submit Tito on the ground. Just a horrible style matchup on top of Shamrock possibly being affected by the weight cut. Not to mention, Shammy had been in the WWE for a few years while Tito was wrestling in college and then soon was training like a full time fighter.

I expected Vitor to blast through Tito but Tito had the chin and cardio to survive the barrage and had the wrestling ability to keep Vitor on his back. Tito was a great wrestler. It just shows what a different level Randy was on at UFC 46.

Last edited:
Vitor won that fight.

Still, great thread. Great video. Great times.

"SAY YES! PUT THE PEN IN YOUR HAND AND SIGN THE LINE! PUNK!"

Both times??? You mean Tito handled him 3 TIMES actually.....People can say what they want about him, but Tito had a great chin...that's why he was able to best Vitor, and handle Wanderlei the way he did as well. If he had any sort of stand-up what so ever, Tito could have even accomplished much more.
I stand corrected. I forget about that lame middle one.

Someone just post beat you into a living death... please, lol.

It was very hard for me to accept as well. I remember ordering UFC 40 with a bunch of friends and we were all so depressed to see Tito turn Ken's face purple.

The fact is Tito was much younger and was a great wrestler. Maybe if they fought at Heavyweight Ken could have stopped his takedowns. Ken could not sweep or submit Tito on the ground. Just a horrible style matchup on top of Shamrock possibly being affected by the weight cut. Not to mention, Shammy had been in the WWE for a few years while Tito was wrestling in college and then soon was training like a full time fighter.

I expected Vitor to blast through Tito but Tito had the chin and cardio to survive the barrage and had the wrestling ability to keep Vitor on his back. Tito was a great wrestler. It just shows what a different level Randy was on at UFC 46.

Yep, I think a HW Ken would have had a better chance at stopping those takedowns like in the Fujita fight.

tenor.gif

thanks for the memory sir

Back