Class action suit settled for MayMac PPV buyers

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Meltzer:
An out-of-court settlement was reached in a class-action lawsuit from people who ordered the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight and weren’t able to see it, or had trouble with the streaming. To those who sued, the UFC has agreed to pay certain prices as well as any food and drinks purchased that plaintiffs have a receipt for, as well as all attorney fees and $1,500 for each plaintiff. The payments agreed to were $25 for those who were unable to watch any portion of the show due to streaming problems but did see the full main event. For those who purchased the event and missed up to five minutes of the main event, the agreed upon price paid back was $50 (of the $99.99 total price). If you missed more than five minutes of the main event, you would get back your full $99.99 purchase price. Those who had any other expenses can either get $5 in cash or get three free months of UFC Fight Pass

https://www.newsday.com/business/neulion-mayweather-mcgregor-fight-compensation-1.18237341
NeuLion, UFC settle on compensation for Mayweather-McGregor viewers
Some of the roughly 275,000 streaming viewers of the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor bout in the United States suffered outages after buying access.

A settlement has been hammered out by lawyers for Plainview streaming company NeuLion Inc., the UFC and the pay-per-view purchasers who faced technical problems while trying to view the Mayweather-McGregor fight in August, according to court documents.

The deal, which settles a class-action suit and requires final approval by the U.S. District Court in Nevada, comes about a month after NeuLion agreed to be acquired by Endeavor, a closely held Beverly Hills entertainment company, for $250 million cash.

Endeavor also owns Las Vegas-based UFC, also known as the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

The agreement provides tiered refunds ranging from $25 for those who missed a portion of the preliminary bouts to $99.99 for fans who missed more than 5 minutes of the main bout between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor.

The settlement also provides one to three months of free access to UFC Fight Pass or a $5 cash payment as compensation for viewing party expenses. Compensation for party expenses would be available to all purchasers, including those who had received earlier refunds from UFC and NeuLion.

Lawyers representing UFC, NeuLion and streaming purchasers declined to speak on the record, citing clauses in the settlement agreement.

Some of the roughly 275,000 streaming viewers of the Mayweather-McGregor bout in the United States suffered outages after buying access on the UFC.TV website, the UFC mobile app, Apple TV, Microsoft Xbox, Amazon Fire TV and other devices.

That technical issue prompted bout sponsor UFC and NeuLion to begin offering refunds soon after the event to almost 100,000 viewers.

So get yours (if you can)

Meltzer:
An out-of-court settlement was reached in a class-action lawsuit from people who ordered the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight and weren’t able to see it, or had trouble with the streaming. To those who sued, the UFC has agreed to pay certain prices as well as any food and drinks purchased that plaintiffs have a receipt for, as well as all attorney fees and $1,500 for each plaintiff. The payments agreed to were $25 for those who were unable to watch any portion of the show due to streaming problems but did see the full main event. For those who purchased the event and missed up to five minutes of the main event, the agreed upon price paid back was $50 (of the $99.99 total price). If you missed more than five minutes of the main event, you would get back your full $99.99 purchase price. Those who had any other expenses can either get $5 in cash or get three free months of UFC Fight Pass

So get yours (if you can)

Seeing Connor getting tko by little man Mayweather was enough for me.

floyd scammed millions of people LMAOOOO this shit was just a sparring match
EYJ6KZT.jpg

full

What if my pirated stream lagged when Mayweather TKO'd McGregor?

Quality post. For the 2.5 Sherbros who pay to watch shit. Lol @ the snack refund tho.

Great, here’s 3 months of Fight Pass, you goofs, now don’t ask for another refund when you can’t figure out how to cancel that shit in time.

What if the download I had to get for a visiting friend was out of sync?

Do I get anything?

Seeing Connor getting tko by little man Mayweather was enough for me.
UepSTfZ.gif

A retired 149lbs pillow fisted defensive manlet walked down a 170lbs + fighter and finished him..truly embarrassing.

RegalImprobableCoati.gif

How about we sue Conor for promising to knock May out within 4 rounds? :p

Floyd owes a free Cadillac to anybody that paid to see him and Manny in that abortion they called a fight.

At least him vs Mcgregor was fun to watch

I’m a class representative in this case. I would have just settled for a refund but since the UFC decided to ignore my 7 emails they will now be paying me 1500% of what I was originally asking for.

If you were stupid enough to pay for that show. You don’t deserve a refund. Because you’re obviously a serious asshole. And you should just fuck yourself.

Legit mma fans have been fucked over for more than a year and a half because of that farcical shit show.

Fuck Floyd, fuck Convict, and fuck you.

Because this shit isn’t straightening itself out any time soon. And I just want the UFC to get back some fucking legitimacy.

. To those who sued, the UFC has agreed to pay certain prices as well as any food and drinks purchased that plaintiffs have a receipt for, as well as all attorney fees and $1,500 for each plaintiff

So everyone that sued is getting 1500?!

If you were stupid enough to pay for that show. You don’t deserve a refund. Because you’re obviously a serious asshole. And you should just fuck yourself.

Legit mma fans have been fucked over for more than a year and a half because of that farcical shit show.

Fuck Floyd, fuck Convict, and fuck you.

Because this shit isn’t straightening itself out any time soon. And I just want the UFC to get back some fucking legitimacy.
I'm with you on this bro!

giphy.gif

Back