Cláudia Gadelha vs. Jéssica Andrade

Agreed. Seem to be a lot of upset Claudia fans, who can't believe someone did to her what she does to everyone else.

Cry me a river.
I'm a Claudia fan but I'm more shocked at her disastrous cardio than mad at Andrade, she looked fine in the first round then sheesh. Yeah Andrade puts up quite a pace but Claudia's gas tank seems worse instead of better if anything despite her claiming she has improved her weight cuts. The other girls who fought Andrade weren't dead by the 2nd round...

She may have said she isn't interested in 125, but she better be interested in it now! I think it's over for her at 115, not that she can't beat anyone there since she just beat KK, but it looks like she's never going to develop championship cardio at SW and she isn't usually a finisher so...

Last edited:
I'm a Claudia fan but I'm more shocked at her disastrous cardio than mad at Andrade, she looked fine in the first round then sheesh. Yeah Andrade puts up quite a pace but Claudia's gas tank seems worse instead of better if anything despite her claiming she has improved her weight cuts. The other girls who fought Andrade weren't dead by the 2nd round...

I think the first slam to the ground in round 1 did somekind of damage to her body, she immediately slowed down afterwards.

She was winning the fight in early round 1 by striking and opened a cut on Andrade‘s forehead, then she made the big mistake of thinking she could end the fight early by clinching.

I think the first slam to the ground in round 1 did somekind of damage to her body, she immediately slowed down afterwards.
She shouldn't be slammed like that, in theory seh was best wrestler in division, this fight was reality check.

She shouldn't be slammed like that, in theory seh was best wrestler in division, this fight was reality check.

Among high-level wrestlers, a single wrong move could cost the whole fight. I think this is why champions with wrestling background all prefer striking against wrestlers now.

Among high-level wrestlers, a single wrong move could cost the whole fight. I think this is why champions with wrestling background all prefer striking against wrestlers now.
Yes but she was not slammed once, but 3 or 4. I can't belive JJ's wrestling and bjj was better vs Andrade.

Yes but she was not slammed once, but 3 or 4. I can't belive JJ's wrestling and bjj was better vs Andrade.
JJ was trying her best to keep the distance.If Claudia did the same, she would have won the fight.

tenor.gif

45800-1296793.png
henrique da silva KO? you were actually close, but picking this beforehand knowing that he was against saki?

Andrade's physique, strength, and most of all her pace tonight looked veeery suspicious

If I was with usada I'd pay her an immediate visit

Her speed and pace are unreal, but it's the way she picks up and tosses opponents around, even in round 3 that makes me raise an eyebrow. I really would like to know what supplements she's using.

She was winning the fight in early round 1 by striking and opened a cut on Andrade‘s forehead, then she made the big mistake of thinking she could end the fight early by clinching.

Andrade gave Claudia a nasty cut over her eye and Claudia was saying "I can't see anything" in the corners in a very panicky voice. She probably freaked out and burned up her cardio even more so from that, not to mention being thrown around and stuck beneath a stronger woman.

Why not? JJ has shown the best defensive wrestling out there. Defending takedowns, escaping the clinch and getting up from takedowns.

She's not even a wrestler, she is bjjer. Esparza for example is someone with a wrestling background.

Awesome fight. Andrade look amazing but for fuck sake how can Claudia has such terrible cardio?

Girl fix your fucking cardio. She could even beat JJ if she just worked on her cardio. She needs to lose muscles and do A LOT more cardio training.

JJ was trying her best to keep the distance.If Claudia did the same, she would have won the fight.
This. I don't understand what Claudia wanted? To KO Andrade? Good luck with that. Stupid gameplan and bad cardio....terrible combination. She also suffered a lot of damage in this fight, we might not see her until next year.

She's not even a wrestler, she is bjjer. Esparza for example is someone with a wrestling background.

I didn't say she is best wrestler in division, it was more about her reputation and now i can see why she was dodging Esparza for so long.

This. I don't understand what Claudia wanted? To KO Andrade? Good luck with that. Stupid gameplan and bad cardio....terrible combination. She also suffered a lot of damage in this fight, we might not see her until next year.

It's stupid gameplan when like 6% of fights in this division if not less end with KO.

Her speed and pace are unreal, but it's the way she picks up and tosses opponents around, even in round 3 that makes me raise an eyebrow. I really would like to know what supplements she's using.
my thoughts exactly, don't be surprised if she gets flagged any day now, it just didn't look natural

Awesome fight. Andrade look amazing but for fuck sake how can Claudia has such terrible cardio?

Girl fix your fucking cardio. She could even beat JJ if she just worked on her cardio. She needs to lose muscles and do A LOT more cardio training.
Or not fight at 115 and see if it goes better at 125.

Back