Civil War Museum Closes Doors After Politician Demands Confederate Flags Be Eliminated

thats the thing. its not the american flag, its the confederation flag, you know the people who lost the war.

Museums should keep it, but as a public thing? No, that is not the american flag an doesn't deserve to be flown by the american flag.

I don't expect them to fly it in New York. But if we want to fly it in Tennessee in remembrance of our fallen brothers, and in celebration of our collective heritage, I think that's okay.

Is it as important as the American flag? No.

Actually they did run low on rifles and ammo.

Pride was about all they had left toward the end. That's why Lee swallowed his and surrendered.
they ran low on ammo insofar as their offensive supply capabilities were shit. in a defense war, the confederates were never low on ammunition, especially for field guns. they had more canister shot than the Union in most engagements.

I don't expect them to fly it in New York. But if we want to fly it in Tennessee in remembrance of our fallen brothers, and in celebration of our collective heritage, I think that's okay.

Funny you mention that. New York was very sympathetic toward the South and actually contemplated secession along with them. The South made New York a ton of money.

http://www.historynet.com/the-day-new-york-tried-to-secede.htm

Last edited:
Ew the south

I just envision it as hundreds of miles of Detroit but all of the gangbangers are wearing denim overalls

However a museum is a museum

Ultimately it seems like a matter of forcing people to remain in union vs. self-governance. Ending slavery with violence and the South forming its own separate union weren't mutually exclusive.
Thanks bud, but I want Handsome so and so to explain it to me since he is an expert on the subject.

Please, be my guest. Secede. I promise, we won't fight you this time. In fact, we'll help you pack.

Why couldn't you Northerners just let us secede the first time. You guys forced us to fight for our freedom. Just leave us the fuck alone and stop meddling with our lifestyle.

they ran low on ammo insofar as their offensive supply capabilities were shit. in a defense war, the confederates were never low on ammunition, especially for field guns. they had more canister shot than the Union in most engagements.
Toward the end that couldn't be further from the truth. During the Petersburg Siege they hardly had food, much less ammunition. Meanwhile, the Union had the railroad running directly to their location, bringing them food, clothing, and repeating rifles.

Last edited:
Why couldn't you Northerners just let us secede the first time. You guys forced us to fight for our freedom. Just leave us the fuck alone and stop meddling with our lifestyle.
Because the North needed the tax income. If it was purely over slavery, Lincoln would have let the south go.

The flag inside the museum is ok, outside the museum not.
End thread.

No.

what with all the diabetus and battlefields being not mobility scooter friendly, it would be even quicker the next go around. The South didnt lose because of lack of bullets, they lacked because of lack of basically everything that WASNT a bullet.
clothes
shoes
food
medicine
men
industry
rail

the one thing the south never ran low on was bullets rifles, and an over abundance of pride.

preview.php

Toward the end that couldn't be further from the truth. During the Petersburg Siege they hardly had food, much less ammunition. Meanwhile, the Union had the railroad running directly to their location, bringing them food, clothing, and repeating rifles.

Agreed, the Confederacy never had a chance in terms of the actual war:

Back