Cities: Skylines (No Relation To Cities XL)

http://imgur.com/a/z1rM1

very interesting post about traffic. Alot of people are complaining that traffic wasn't realistic in this game, turns out if you actually build your roads in the proper manner, traffic is realistic as hell

I think this guy's city has been the nicest I've seen so far. I was really blown away because you can just immediately tell how much effort must've been put into it.

jMkhDzk.jpg

adsg3cN.jpg

Check his album and Reddit discussion thread in /r/CitiesSkylines.

woah that's awesome.

I'm so jealous of you pc guyz this game looks sweet. I wish wee had a sweet city building game like this on xbone

woah that's awesome.

I'm so jealous of you pc guyz this game looks sweet. I wish wee had a sweet city building game like this on xbone

Join us and together we shall rule the cities!

This game looks sick. The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. Probably the best reviews I've seen since "The Last of Us".

Definitely will get this, although I'll probably will wait until it goes half price.

Plus I still have tons of games to finish. But this game is insanely promising.

Well from the reactions on here, it makes it even more tempting to get.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/cities-skylines

http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/

Th devs opening the game up to steamwork mods is a real game changer. There are already thousands of user created mods and assets. This is something EA would never do, because they want to nickle and dime their customers with their own DLC.

My "second" city (disregarding the dozens I abandoned in less than 10 minutes after screwing up with something) is starting to shape up quite nicely, I've broken 10,000 pop, money is rolling in and I've unlocked high density buildings.

However I have a hard time elevating roads, and I haven't even looked into setting up districts or train lines yet. Shit is starting to get complex.

aZ6tVzB.jpg

EDIT: I need to stop playing this game though, it's crazy how much time you sink in it without even noticing.

Last edited:
Damn, I feel like I need to get home and post some screen shots! I love this game. Been a sim city fan for as long as I can remember, hell I liked Cities XL.

My roadways infrastructure works pretty well, if I remember correctly how ever it is not aesthetically pleasing, I can tell you that lol.

This game looks sick. The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. Probably the best reviews I've seen since "The Last of Us".

Definitely will get this, although I'll probably will wait until it goes half price.

Plus I still have tons of games to finish. But this game is insanely promising.

Well from the reactions on here, it makes it even more tempting to get.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/cities-skylines

http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/

fwiw it's only $30. But if you're not jumping on it, might as well wait. Summer sale is right around the corner.

That feel when you build one way road to cargo station and watch how trucks use it smoothly

(pic not mine)
jh5VSLH.gif

Is there technique/mod to get a subway line past deep water? I built my commercial center on a small island and have no high throughput way to get people in and out.

Is there technique/mod to get a subway line past deep water? I built my commercial center on a small island and have no high throughput way to get people in and out.

Can't you just build bridges?

More insanity from the internet:
vsav2Fa.jpg

Dam I am a noob but why did my city just die. Everything was going smooth and then Bam everyone was Sick and starting dying Quick. I lost 10k people in yr and am throwing the towel in on this city.

I think it said water was polluted but i am not sure how. The sewer line has to connect to a water line, right?

Dam I am a noob but why did my city just die. Everything was going smooth and then Bam everyone was Sick and starting dying Quick. I lost 10k people in yr and am throwing the towel in on this city.

I think it said water was polluted but i am not sure how. The sewer line has to connect to a water line, right?

Was your drain too close to the pumps? As far as I know they need to be connected - maybe not though. But maybe you put a made a drain somewhere upstream of a pump?

Was your drain too close to the pumps? As far as I know they need to be connected - maybe not though. But maybe you put a made a drain somewhere upstream of a pump?

I had the water pump close to the sewer pump but down stream from it and it showed it out of the polluted water that the sewer pump was pumping out. I mover it further away to be safe after everyone started getting sick but didn't help.

Question about that. Does the sewer line just need 1 connection to the water line or does it need abunch running along the water line, cause that is what I did. I ran a sewer line next to the water line under the whole city.

I had the water pump close to the sewer pump but down stream from it and it showed it out of the polluted water that the sewer pump was pumping out. I mover it further away to be safe after everyone started getting sick but didn't help.

Question about that. Does the sewer line just need 1 connection to the water line or does it need abunch running along the water line, cause that is what I did. I ran a sewer line next to the water line under the whole city.

You don't need a separate sewer line, just connect the drain to water lines. If you zoom close enough you can see that those pipes have both water and sewer line inside them.

Back