Cities: Skylines (No Relation To Cities XL)

Thanks guys. Any insight to why my dirty industry just went up and died? (empty space near the forestry stuff) I am assuming it is because most of my cims are highly educated and are more partial to offices, but I have no idea.

Here's my 'city' at the moment (Only 2,600 ppl). I've only got a few hours into the game, and I restarted once because dat traffic was kicking my ass

Clipboard01.jpg

I'm hoping layering my zones away from the onramp will pan out. Industrial closest, commercial next and residential furthest away

I think you need to have a more robust skeletal infrastructure, or the trucks are going to start kicking your ass and clogging your roads, leading to delayed services. This sucks when everybody dies at the same time.

Oh. yeah. People live exactly the SAME amount of time. So if you go fast and zone a giant residential area, all of those guys will kick the bucket in unison, stressing your hearses.

Thanks guys. Any insight to why my dirty industry just went up and died? (empty space near the forestry stuff) I am assuming it is because most of my cims are highly educated and are more partial to offices, but I have no idea.

most probably your citizens are too educated so they are working in offices.

When that happens try slowly replacing the abandoned buildings with office buildings, dont go crazy try to go abandoned building by abandoned building and youll soon notice that its balancing out.

to have a good idea, click on one of your industrial buildings and see how many over educated workers are there

I think you need to have a more robust skeletal infrastructure, or the trucks are going to start kicking your ass and clogging your roads, leading to delayed services. This sucks when everybody dies at the same time.

Oh. yeah. People live exactly the SAME amount of time. So if you go fast and zone a giant residential area, all of those guys will kick the bucket at the exact same time, stressing your hearses.

Yeah I want to start building some six lanes now I'm got some cash. Snake that shit through my industrial sector and towards my commercial, then build them up either side of it. I'm not sure whether I should extend it into my residential though

most probably your citizens are too educated so they are working in offices.

When that happens try slowly replacing the abandoned buildings with office buildings, dont go crazy try to go abandoned building by abandoned building and youll soon notice that its balancing out.

to have a good idea, click on one of your industrial buildings and see how many over educated workers are there

I eventually just gutted all of my industry, I am going to move it south of my original interstate, where it will be easy to access. The problem I foresee having is when the trucks try to get to my commercial, as those zones are spread out across my main artery and insulated by residential. I can't think of a good way to get a service pipeline in there effectively.

I eventually just gutted all of my industry, I am going to move it south of my original interstate, where it will be easy to access. The problem I foresee having is when the trucks try to get to my commercial, as those zones are spread out across my main artery and insulated by residential. I can't think of a good way to get a service pipeline in there effectively.

if its possible with the way your map is setup your could always create districts and slap them with the anti heavy traffic policy.

I really want to play this game but I'm not very computer literate and I have never used Steam before. Would I be able to run this game on a laptop?

HP 2000 Notebook

AMD Dual-Core E2-1800(1.7GHz)
500 GB
4096MB DDR3 SDRAM
Windows 8

This is off the side of the box. I don't know shit about computers. I really need to learn more.

even on low settings i think you'll have a hard time running this game

even on low settings i think you'll have a hard time running this game

Well, that sucks. I have been watching a bunch of videos on YT and this game looks like it is right up my alley. I kinda figured my laptop was too cheap to run it.

This game needs actual skyscrapers. You can't really build a skyline in Cities: Skylines...

Good advice from GM & Tension itt.

With everyones help I've managed to make this guy:

2015_03_22_00001.jpg

A little trouble near the highway (can't see it in this picture), but 12k population and nearly 8k per week in revenue. Very inspired by your stuff, Tension. I tried to have the few major arteries, and then connect my districts using overpasses. Works great. Thanks to everyone who's contributed so far.

Good advice from GM & Tension itt.

With everyones help I've managed to make this guy:

A little trouble near the highway (can't see it in this picture), but 12k population and nearly 8k per week in revenue. Very inspired by your stuff, Tension. I tried to have the few major arteries, and then connect my districts using overpasses. Works great. Thanks to everyone who's contributed so far.

Thanks for the kind words.

I started my city over from an earlier save. I moved the interstate to the left to get a little more room between it and the riverfront. I also moved my bisecting avenue to between the residential and commercial sections.

e6RAPN6.png

Shoemaker,

You may be interested in this; it is my main avenue that seperates the residential section from the commercial. It is composed of alternating one-way overpasses and turnoffs. The system outlined below really helped my traffic (I haven't set up public transportation yet).

JR9cNJI.png

I think this guy's city has been the nicest I've seen so far. I was really blown away because you can just immediately tell how much effort must've been put into it.

jMkhDzk.jpg

adsg3cN.jpg

Check his album and Reddit discussion thread in /r/CitiesSkylines.

Holy mole, that's impressive.

Trash fucks me in the ass every single game jesus christ. When I finally get a good city going and the traffic is doing decent for the garbage trucks, the whole city dies from ground pollution. I'm really butthurt about this cause the pollution screen shows no brown where the cities are but apparently they can still get sick from it if its too close. Oh well. Next game I'll learn something else.

Waste Management is my most expensive monthly expense. I honestly think it's in need of some balancing. I've never had my people die from ground pollution though. You sure it isn't your water that is polluted?

I'm pretty sure that ground pollution contributed to my first accidental genocide.

Back