Citi becomes first big bank to press clients to restrict gun sales

From the perspective of simply selling to a customer. Right now, there is no federal law nor any State law outside of I think two that raise the age of rifle ownership to 21. From a Federal standpoint it's an 18yr old's legal right to own a rifle. What Citibank's policy is basically saying is we will deny them that right and expect all business that do business with us to also deny them that right whether it's legal in the state or not, whether it's federally legal or not for them to be able to own a rifle. That very much is denying them their 2nd amendment right.

Now, if every State wishes to raise the age limit that's one thing. If the Federal government wants to raise the age limits that another. If they want to duke it out on which has jurisdiction on that by all means, let them. But this isn't that.

That's not what's happening all. The federal guidelines set a floor, not a mandatory number. It's like alcohol. You can't buy alcohol under age 21. But individual stores/bars can set their limit to 22, 35 or even 50. They just can't set it below 21.

Similarly, a gun store can set their personal age limit to 21 if they choose, they just can't set it to 17 or less.

And no, it's not an 18 yo's legal right to own a rifle. Some states have no minimum age for possession, just for sales. And you're equating the right to own a rifle with an obligation that someone sells it to them. No one is obligated to carry firearms for sale. Nor are they obligated to carry every variant of firearm accessory. If they choose to carry firearms or accessories, they are obligated to sell them in a manner that does not contradict federal and state law. And federal and state laws set minimum ages, not mandatory ages.

Because you don't like to read articles or comment on the actual subject of a thread?

Because gun regulation is about to be headed by bankers.

Do you really not get it? Or just playing dumb?

You want compromise. Here's some.

I'll give up any rifle magazine over 20rds. That's only one higher than a bog standard CZ pistol.

You take suppressors off the NFA list so I no longer have to pay the tax stamp. Cut the wait down to 1 month rather than the 6 to 8 it currently takes and I'll agree to keeping the more in depth background check and registration of the suppressor.

I'll give up wrist stablizers for "pistol" AR's that are basically an end run around to allow for an SBR without jumping through the NFA hoop.

You leave the AR rifle platform alone. No bans

I'll give up bump stocks and all such modifiers

You leave detachable magazines alone. No bans

You can keep SBR Shotguns on the NFA and add "pistol" variants if you want but you cut the tax stamp in half and half the wait.

Take SBR rifles off the NFA list

Still thinking what I might negotiate with on that one....

<Moves>

Do not negotiate with radicals.

There is no need to give even an inch.

^
*STARES AT YOU IN A SAMUEL JACKSON MANNER*

Good. Big banks failing is awesome. There are more Trump supporters than you super smart libs know.

Time to start testing the waters of the banks and corporatacracies control. It's starting.

You mean the thing that is not happening at all in this story?

So like I said

Huh?

The bank will require retail clients to only sell guns if the customer has passed a background check, to restrict sales to people under 21,

This...right above me....from the article. I bolded it for you. It is not Citis job to determine what age a person can be to buy a firearm

And they included "high capacity magazines".

I sincerely hope gun owners put their money where their mouth is and cut Citibank off at the testicles. They are virtue signalling to the wrong group. The SJW/Dem's aren't the ones with $$$.

Huh?

The bank will require retail clients to only sell guns if the customer has passed a background check, to restrict sales to people under 21,

This...right above me....from the article. I bolded it for you. It is not Citis job to determine what age a person can be to buy a firearm

that is their terms of service for the clients they'll take on. the others will just have their accounts with another bank.

it changes no one's ability to buy a gun. it changes no one's ability to sell guns.

we're zero percent closer to not being able to get guns.

Maybe banks could stop doing business with people who sell those little torch lighters, rolling papers, or drug paraphenalia. They *MIGHT* be used inappropriately - If lawmakers can't stop this epidemic maybe business can. Considering the opiod problem I don't think children should be able to go into a store and buy a hypodermic needle.

Also - Pool makers. I really can't see why anyone really needs a pool in their yard. These things are deathtraps for children. Almost HALF of all drowning occur in these watery death holes. And considering statistics indicate kids 15 and younger are 10x+ more likely drown than to be shot I really think Citibank needs to look at this industry a bit more closely. Perhaps only allow retailers to sell pool related supplies to families who do not have any children under the age of 15.

that is their terms of service for the clients they'll take on. the others will just have their accounts with another bank.

it changes no one's ability to buy a gun. it changes no one's ability to sell guns.

we're zero percent closer to not being able to get guns.

Oh that's weird..... so it looks like you knew exactly what I was talking about.

Speaking on Citi: If it changes the ability of someone under 21 from buying a Gun, how can you say "it changes no one's ability to sell guns"

Oh that's weird..... so it looks like you knew exactly what I was talking about.

Speaking on Citi: If it changes the ability of someone under 21 from buying a Gun, how can you say "it changes no one's ability to sell guns"

its not weird at all seeing as at every point i've implied i read the article and you didn't.

retailers are free to choose their own restrictions past the law, and do. the only change possible is which bank has their account.

any other lines we need to go over that i can easily show how you were BSing?

its not weird at all seeing as at every point i've implied i read the article and you didn't.

retailers are free to choose their own restrictions past the law, and do. the only change possible is which bank has their account.

any other lines we need to go over that i can easily show how you were BSing?

To recap. Citi implements THEIR OWN POLICY ON GUNS.

1. ME: THIS IS WHY I bought a gun.
2. YOU: THIS doesn't effect anyone from buying a gun. You didn't read article.
3.ME: Sure it does, people under 21...
4. YOU: retailers are free to choose their own restrictions past the law

If I am LEGALLY able to purchase it based on every existing law...A bank forcing additional regulations is a problem.

Back