Chucks looping punches

Yup, boxing is getting way cleaner in MMA. It's getting easier to bring in my boxing friends, all they did before was clown on bad habits.

That seems to be an issue with just about all of the strikers who aren't boxers though. I'm about to get shit on by all the kick boxing and muay Thai purists, but at least in Mma it's true. Look at Reem.

If your going to be a striker in Mma, you have to work boxing period. Even if it's just for defence and footwork, keep your combos, just keep those hands up and get some different looks.

True but he definitely had something more than the other heavy handed good chinned fighters did.

maybe it was heavier hands and a better chin lmao
that other thing was getting up straight after a take down. still ahvent seen anyone yet that was as good as chuck.

all these years later and there has not been another one to do it like Chuck. He had one of the most unique and recognizable punching techniques of all time.

No one else was as good at hitting someone from multiple angles in the same flurry/barrage

all these years later and there has not been another one to do it like Chuck. He had one of the most unique and recognizable punching techniques of all time.

No one else was as good at hitting someone from multiple angles in the same flurry/barrage

he was so fuggin fast in his prime... (Chuck vs Vitor was a tossup IMO though could have gone either way if you watch it back)
epic fight

BelfortLiddell.gif

that other thing was getting up straight after a take down. still ahvent seen anyone yet that was as good as chuck.

i know right? after his loss to Randy his ability to pop back up became legendary.

Chuck was lucky that he ducked Tito in his prime.

Tank had a good KO move too but as life things eventually evolve.
Still a fan of both don't get me wrong.
giphy.gif

hmGzA1B.gif

True but he definitely had something more than the other heavy handed good chinned fighters did.

lmao chuck was the man I don't take anything away from him don't get me wrong. he was able to get away with that shit cuz he was a beast. Just got a lot less beastly once he got old lol

Thanks for the giff of the Randleman finish, had never seen it before. Is it just me, or does that look like a premature stoppage? I'm sure the Monster was done anyway, but looks like the ref jumped in pretty damn fast.

hahahahahah. Its funny that people think Chuck was on coke in those gifs. Dude literally got lost in the fight and thought he was the one fighting... Which makes it even more hilarious...

not saying Chuck was always sober lol.... but

lol idk man i done A LOT of coke in my day...the lil pinch of the nose he does is a dead giveaway tbh think alot of chucks more hilarious moments were opioid related tho .... or both

<GinJuice>

Think it was this for sure and his counter wrestling dictated that he kept the fight on his terms which usually involved standing .

I'm sure most of us have thought this before but..........

Its almost like they were the death of him because he didnt bring his hands up to protect himself quick enough...but were also one of the most effective techniques in MMA history.... Fighters were expecting the punch to land... and then it came a split second later and knocked your head off....

2ep7rk3.jpg

21-chuck-liddell.gif

he then threw that looping punch to the body against Rampage in their second fight and got countered..... Such a beautiful right hook by Rampage.... Chuck needed to bring that left hand back up after the body shot but he was so used to bringing them back low.... Nobody can really get away with that anymore....

66z2n7.jpg

You know Rampage spent 80% of his camp on that counter

I'm sure most of us have thought this before but..........

Its almost like they were the death of him because he didnt bring his hands up to protect himself quick enough...but were also one of the most effective techniques in MMA history.... Fighters were expecting the punch to land... and then it came a split second later and knocked your head off....

he then threw that looping punch to the body against Rampage in their second fight and got countered..... Such a beautiful right hook by Rampage.... Chuck needed to bring that left hand back up after the body shot but he was so used to bringing them back low.... Nobody can really get away with that anymore....
all good points. and everyone should remember all this next time someone asks about MMA and boxing (which for some reason seems to be a hot topic this month).

throwing a huge hook != good boxing. but it can win a lot of NHB fights.

Yeah his TDD combined with his ability to get it back to the fight was pretty nuts.

Back