Chuck Norris's Judo useless grappling with the Gracies

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

"It's like I never had a lesson in my life"

Chuck Norris mentor and instructor was none other than Gene Lebell.

Judo players out there, does this sting? :)

"I smoke cocks for a living and you can quote me on that."
- Spacetime 2018

"It's like I never had a lesson in my life"
Chuck Norris mentor and instructor was none other than Gene Lebell.
Judo players out there, does this sting? :)

Take the average BJJ blackbelt and put them with Rickson and they would probably say the same thing!

Chuck started Judo in Korea while in the Air force, iirc he had got a shoulder injure and switched to tang so do{?}. So while he was a black belt in judo, he really had not practiced for twenty years or so before meeting the Gracies. This clip is from the Total Gym infomercial and if chuck wanted to knock out Helio, do you really think he would let himself be collar choked, any way this is all in good fun and a story that we all know is embellished some because Chuck is that type of guy.

-1/10.

walker texas ranger telling an anecdote bout getting his ass kicked by the gracies during a fuckin infomercial stings to the point where ima turn my back on a dozen years of training and just play scoots-and-footsies until i'm dead?

the same chuck norris who wasn't like 'yeah bruce, we should probably end the fight in any other bobdamn way besides you breaking my neck from a standing arm-in guillotine since that's not how that works'?

i give about as many fucks about the average american judo black belt's insight as to their ground proficiency as i do about the average BJJ blue belt's insight into their takedown proficiency.

which is zero. zero fucks given.

-1/10.

walker texas ranger telling an anecdote bout getting his ass kicked by the gracies during a fuckin infomercial stings to the point where ima turn my back on a dozen years of training and just play scoots-and-footsies until i'm dead?

the same chuck norris who wasn't like 'yeah bruce, we should probably end the fight in any other bobdamn way besides you breaking my neck from a standing arm-in guillotine since that's not how that works'?

i give about as many fucks about the average american judo black belt's insight as to their ground proficiency as i do about the average BJJ blue belt's insight into their takedown proficiency.

which is zero. zero fucks given.

Yes because his shoulder injury never healed:rolleyes:. All those training sessions with Gene Lebell are lies. Too bad they didn't do shit for him. I am not surprised though.

Yes because his shoulder injury never healed:rolleyes:. All those training sessions with Gene Lebell are lies. Too bad they didn't do shit for him. I am not surprised though.

Youre using Chuck Norris as the standard by which Judo newaza is measured? Thats the best troll work you can come up with?

Youre using Chuck Norris as the standard by which Judo newaza is measured? Thats the best troll work you can come up with?

Actually no, more Gene Lebell. Let's see that loudmouth grapple Rickson

Last edited:

Last edited:
Dude, youve never rolled with a good newza player, much less a GREAT one or a legendary one. Youre using a legendary (one of the greatest of all time) Jiu-Jitsu guy to say that Judo sucks... Why? Because Chuck Norris. Thats completely ridiculous and obviously trolling. If Chuck Norris rolled with Isao Okano, Masahiko Kimura, Kanae Hirata. Katsuhiko kashiwazaki, Niki Seiki (or a ton of other Kosen masters), Koji Komuro, Yasuhiro Yamashita....

If he rolled with any one of those guys he would have been crushed and tapping like a typewriter... And he would have been made to feel the same way... He knows nothing...

They were not even remotely in the same weight class, and Helio still beat the nr 2 guy in Judo at the time.

Nice rationalizations.

On a completely unrelated note, ever meet Rickson in person? He's a really big guy. For you.

They were not even remotely in the same weight class, and Helio still beat the nr 2 guy in Judo at the time.

Number 2 what? In Japan? Not even close. There were other Judoka in Japan who were on Kimuras level. Takahiko Ishikawa was on Kimuras level. He drew with Kimura the in the 1949 championships. He was a newaza monster. He would have wrecked Helio. There are videos of him rolling on youtube even past his prime and wrecking dudes. You know nothing.

Nice rationalizations to believe in weight classes?

All of a sudden you're trying to bargain with details after getting slapped for making a dumb thread topic.

"My guy can beat up your guy!"

"Actually, in reality, it was your guy who got beat up."

Only two more stages of grief to go.

Number 2 what? In Japan? Not even close. There were other Judoka in Japan who were on Kimuras level. Takahiko Ishikawa was on Kimuras level. He drew with Kimura the in the 1949 championships. He was a newaza monster. He would have wrecked Helio. There are videos of him rolling on youtube even past his prime and wrecking dudes. You know nothing.

Helio still won the challenge. Kimura said he had to take him out within X amount of time or be declared the loser. Kimura failed to do so it within the time he started, so he lost according to his own stipulations

Back