Chuck liddell vs rampage 1

Funny part is that chuck would’ve BEAT Wandy just like when they met in the UFC

Only 2 guys in pride were real tough fights for chuck style wise, rampage and rua. Chuck would’ve beaten everyone else in pride LHW

Only 2 guys in pride were real tough fights for chuck style wise, rampage and rua. Chuck would’ve beaten everyone else in pride LHW

Yeah. But i kinda feel like chuck with a chin would beat shogun. Prime liddell get beat up by rampage 9/10 times.

But i dont see many others from that time periode beating him.

Yeah. But i kinda feel like chuck with a chin would beat shogun. Prime liddell get beat up by rampage 9/10 times.

I have to agree here. Younger chcuck would be 50/50 against rua in pride. His chin was granite years back.

Rampage was a bad style match up. Other than that who would be chuck? Ricardo Arona? Chuck would Fucking kill him.

Lil Nog? He might be a tough fight.

Everyone else chuck would serve up a beating

I might had happened, but is not a fair comparison. Wand arrived in the UFC wtin his chin cracked and lost from an estrategical/technical side after leaving CB. (Apart from juice-depleted).

I have to see him beating Hicardo Arona or even Lil Nog. Apart from that, even prime Chuck wasn't always the juggernaut they tried to sell us. The Chuck that struggled with Busta and couldn't finish fat welterweight Suloev could easily struggle with Ninja, Wand etc. (And I didn't mention the version of Roidedman that beat Mirko because real results>>>>>fantasy match results).

I might had happened, but is not a fair comparison. Wand arrived in the UFC wtin his chin cracked and lost from an estrategical/technical side after leaving CB. (Apart from juice-depleted).

I have to see him beating Hicardo Arona or even Lil Nog. Apart from that, even prime Chuck wasn't always the juggernaut they tried to sell us. The Chuck that struggled with Busta and couldn't finish fat welterweight Suloev could easily struggle with Ninja, Wand etc. (And I didn't mention the version of Roidedman that beat Mirko because real results>>>>>fantasy match results).

He would handle Ninja with ease. Imo

Another question is: when was chuck liddell in his prime?

IMO it was around his run up to becoming the nr 1 contender.

His fights against vitor belfort and first babalu fight.
In this periode he had a crazy chin, great speed, that aggressive pressure of a young lion. And he still had all his striking skills.

He lost most of his kicks around before his first fight with couture. His right roundhouse was the first kick to go. Then his left.

After getting the title, he was a mma punching brawler with a inside left lowkick with no power.

Then his head movement and chin went away.

The rest is sad history

Chuck was getting busted up by Mezger until he landed his hail marry shot.

The fact is Chuck was always an overrated brawler with shit defense who had a great chin and great power which saved him in a lot of situations. But his skills have always left him vulnerable vulnerable to getting KOd by a real striker.

Quinton was hilarious. Awesome tournament in general

Chuck was getting busted up by Mezger until he landed his hail marry shot.

The fact is Chuck was always an overrated brawler with shit defense who had a great chin and great power which saved him in a lot of situations. But his skills have always left him vulnerable vulnerable to getting KOd by a real striker.

I can tell from this post that this is some real knowledge from a very experienced fighter.

I can tell from this post that this is some real knowledge from a very experienced fighter.

Didnt know you need to be an experienced fighter to point out that Chuck had shitty ass defense and was nothing more than a sprawl and brawler with a great chin and KO power in his hands.

Last edited:
Chuck might be a legend but those two losses to Quinton were in his prime and both times he got destroyed,...Rampage was fucking fierce, that has to hurt.

Great fight. Those videos and the buildups are awesome.

I enjoyed making some money on both their fights with people who didn't know what PRIDE was at the time.

Umm Chuck Liddell did not want to retire at all. He was still under contract with the UFC. It's not like he had any other option but to accept the deal. I am talking about free will, having choice. He's now regretting retiring in the first place because he felt like he had no option but to go along with it.

You telling me he should've made the most out of it is besides the point.

The UFC at the end of the day was looking out for him. That’s what happens when you get knocked out like he was getting knocked out over and over again. If he took it personally as in somehow he was being disrespected it just goes to show you that number one he’s delusional and number two he had a lot of really bad people around him. Because they should’ve been telling him the exact same thing the UFC was telling him.

What makes u think Lidell would have it easy with Shogun? This is confusing...Shogun wins 10 out of 10 there is my guess...

What makes u think Lidell would have it easy with Shogun? This is confusing...Shogun wins 10 out of 10 there is my guess...

You need better boxing and power, or better wrestling to beat prime chuck.

Chute boxe was wild haymakers and knees on roids.

You need better boxing and power, or better wrestling to beat prime chuck.

Chute boxe was wild haymakers and knees on roids.
You saw how afraid chuck was too even try take down shogun..shogun was also better composed then silva,strongly disagree here...

Definetly a slug fest i remeber Bas commenting on how high the pace was , Rampage broke him tho.
Yeah in the start ,but always seem in that fight chuck was a little scared..rampage had great boxing-power

Back