Chuck liddell vs rampage 1

It always gets me how much Dana has changed. He came across as a completely different person back then.

Dana-White-Younger-Young-Old.jpg

80s Dana looks like a normal, 80s teenager. Got the Ferris Beuler thing going on and stuff like that, was probably more personable back then.

Then 2000s Dana, kind of more of a nice guy than today.

2010s Dana, angrier, meaner, richer, he's kind of gotten grumpier with age and just doesn't give a damn anymore.

You hear Dana getting frustrated in the commentary.

But after the fight he sent Chuck's medical team to Rampage's locker room to help him recover,
for the next fight against Wand I believe.

You know, I haven’t seen the fight in years, but I distinctly remember hearing Dana getting frustrated during the commentary.

Chuck never had a chance..Rampage must have some of the greatest composure of em' all..great fight

Damn I miss this Rampage. Throwing, using kicks & knees, quick & funny as fuck in promos.
Rampage did seem to be sharpest and fittest while with Juanito. Too bad there was bad shit in the relationship. Peculiar there's no more sightings of Juanito in UFC/Bellator afterwards.

It always gets me how much Dana has changed. He came across as a completely different person back then.

Dana-White-Younger-Young-Old.jpg
His head sure increased in size and width almost as if to get an acting role as Kingpin from Daredevil/Spider-Man movies.

Chuck never had a chance..Rampage must have some of the greatest composure of em' all..great fight
I think PRIDE had the better fighters, so Rampage was probably confident since he could hang with PRIDE opponents.

if that was GSP, he would've tapped to strikes before his corner threw in the towel.
And became a double champ and the greatest of all time still. There's nothing gsp can't do. He amazes us all I know!!

If only Chuck had followed the gameplan and used leg kicks a little more, we might have gotten to see him and Wand go at it in their primes.

more leg kicks dont give you better defense. Chucks problem was always his defense. Its just that the wrestlers in the UFC could never capitalize on that. He was the one eyed king among blind people. Would he have fought in Pride his record would contain a lot more losses and he and Dana White knew that after this test they did.

He did not have a fight in Pride were he really dominated like f.e. Tito. Overeem got the better of him until he gassed (like always back then) and Mezger gave him a war.

Oh the good old days. Where Liddell still had all his brain cells intact and when he thought Dana White would be his life long friend.

Why wouldnt he consider Dana a friend? Even after Liddell resigned he gave him a well paid
no show job for years. There no need to do that for Liddell but a nice move for a company man. Well Chuck still managed to loose a lot of money but who is surprised by that :rolleyes:

Its was just WME that stopped these kind of shenanigans. Would really surprise me if Liddell had a bad thing to say about Dana. That would be lets say very ungrateful.

I still remember watching this live. I was the only Rampage fan since I was in San Luis Obispo for it.
Magical times... Magical times...

Why wouldnt he consider Dana a friend? Even after Liddell resigned he gave him a well paid
no show job for years. There no need to do that for Liddell but a nice move for a company man. Well Chuck still managed to loose a lot of money but who is surprised by that :rolleyes:

Its was just WME that stopped these kind of shenanigans. Would really surprise me if Liddell had a bad thing to say about Dana. That would be lets say very ungrateful.

Because Dana White forced him to retire and said he has a job at the UFC as long as Dana White was president. Lol we know how that turned out. After being fired Chuck Liddell later said he regret ever retiring in the first place and should've never retired. These are his words, not mine.

Chuck was so concise and alert during the pre-fight interviews. A few years later he was almost unintelligible

According to Rampage, Chuck hit him with the hardest body shot.
Seemed like shoguns knee injured him when they fought, and looked to do far more damage. The chuck/rampage fight was great. Chuck taking body shots on bottom when they threw in the towel was brutal. U could hear chucks reaction..

Because Dana White forced him to retire and said he has a job at the UFC as long as Dana White was president. Lol we know how that turned out. After being fired Chuck Liddell later said he regret ever retiring in the first place and should've never retired. These are his words, not mine.

I think Dana did right by Chuck. Unfortunately, he and the Fertittas sold the company, and that was that. Can't really hold Dana accountable. Chuck served no purpose in his corporate role.

Even though its that cheesy production value, it gets my heart pumpin! I guess its what I got started on, but watching that got me fired up!! Back to basics!

more leg kicks dont give you better defense. Chucks problem was always his defense. Its just that the wrestlers in the UFC could never capitalize on that. He was the one eyed king among blind people. Would he have fought in Pride his record would contain a lot more losses and he and Dana White knew that after this test they did.

He did not have a fight in Pride were he really dominated like f.e. Tito. Overeem got the better of him until he gassed (like always back then) and Mezger gave him a war.
I was poking fun at what Dana constantly said during the fight.

Back