Chuck Liddell confirms Tito Ortiz is a tune-up fight, calls out Jon Jones for a future contest

Am I the only one hoping for an injury here? The last thing I wanna see is Chuck, flat on his back, unconscious...because of fucking Tito. Fuck De La Hoya. Seriously. Fuck that guy in his Canelo fight fixing, Mayweather/McGregor hating ass.

I love Chuck, but he’s actually in a bad place if he thinks he can compete with Jones, at this stage in the game.

Apparently coke makes his CTE worse.

Why does he look like he's made of wax there...

So none of you saw the video huh...

You're all fucking hyenas...

650x350_cte_scan.jpg

it's worse than we suspected.

If only he truly could hang with Jones. Would be nice to see him put Bones away. Sadly even at the top of his game Jon Jones wouldve been too much. It's hurts to say but I'd have to be an idiot not to recognize that

At what point should family be stepping in here? He was lights-out KOd 4 out of his last 5 fights, the last one which was 8 years ago. He was eating shots from the hardest hitter in the sport for a decade before that. Watch interviews with him from 2002 - 2006...it sounds like a different guy. Outside of James Tony, I've never seen such a linguistic decline in a fighter.

He probably genuinely believes he could get in there and hang with Jones.

His last 'tune up fight' when coming back ended up with him unconscious and a lip-to-nose split in his face. Again, 8 years ago.

Some of these guys are too tough for their own good and need friends and family to pull them in. Liddell is the last fighter who needs to be eating even a single punch. And if Tito of all people knocks him out...he would have come back just to lose to his career arch rival and give him the last laugh.

? The synopsis by the OP was accurate.

Actually it wasn't. Chuck says it with a smile. Like he doesn't believe it. It's more of a "I wish I could do that" then "I am back".

Everyone wants to shit on the old legend cause it makes them feel better about themselves.

Cause if old Chuck has gone crazy maybe your life isn't shit. (not yours in particular but you get the point).

cliffs:

- Confirms his next contest is only a tune-up fight
- Says he wants to fight 2-3 more times
- Fighting Jon Jones would be the ultimate goal

Respect for Chuck wanting to take on the greatest fighter ever

nobody explained to chuck CTE isn't curable i love me some iceman but sigh no.....:eek:

Am I the only one hoping for an injury here? The last thing I wanna see is Chuck, flat on his back, unconscious...because of fucking Tito. Fuck De La Hoya. Seriously. Fuck that guy in his Canelo fight fixing, Mayweather/McGregor hating ass.
Or seeing him like this
upload_2018-10-11_19-15-12.jpeg
looking like a young lass at a picnic.

love Chuck, and am bummed if he really needs money this bad

Liddell vs clean jones...hmm

I'm going Liddell haha.. who knows how shit jones is clean he couldn't even finish OSP last time..

Edit: Chuck's too old .. but maybe he can pull a Randy

He's delusional, but.. imagine if he beats Tito then beats another guy or two, and Jones gets suspended again and has to leave UFC? Then he might actually take the fight because he's so confident it would be a walk in the park, then somehow Chuck sleeps him? That would be the most insane timeline ever in MMA.

Or seeing him like this
View attachment 452327
looking like a young lass at a picnic.

love Chuck, and am bummed if he really needs money this bad

Young lass at a picnic LOL.

Rampage beating Chuck, I can handle. But Tito? Fucking Tito?!?! Tito is gonna do his ridiculous gravedigger routine and act like he got one back. I was happy Chuck/Tito 3 got cancelled the first time because I knew Chuck's chin was shot. He's only gotten older and he looks like he had a minor stroke at this point.

Back